Oil problems!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flarry

Certified MR Member
Reaction score
Well, oil is somthing I don't know alot about and my oil allways burns up real fast in my 125 lifan, after a day or two all the oil will be completly gone! It blows a bit of blue smoke and doesnt have any oil leaks. The oil also turns completly black after a few days. I would also really like to know what oil to use?? :confused:
I am using Shell 20 - 50W premium motor oil. What oil would you reccomend?

The chinese oil that came in my Pitpro 140 also dissapeared after a day and a half, I went to drain it all out and put good oil in but it was nearly all gone anyway. Its a new bike and has only gone through about a tank and a half so Im really starting to wonder what the hell is going on! :(

Any help very much appreciated, I searched for topics like this but I couldnt find the info I need.

Thanks in advance.

i dunno how to fix your problem but the oil i would use is motul 1000 20w 50

The 125 sounds like its worn out to me and could use a rebuild. I doubt that changing to a different oil will do anything for the 125.

I would get in touch with pitpro about the 140 ASAP as this shouldn't happen with a new engine.

Thanks for the fast replys!

Yeah Im considring buying a new engine for the 125, the engine has numerous problems.

I gave the 140 new oil, I'll see how it goes, if it dissapears again I'll take action.

I don't think your oil is disappearing. Oil just doesn't disappear like that, not in a day and a half.
I think you may be releasing the cam chain tensioner bolt instead of the sump bolt and when the little bit of oil in there comes out thinking your out of oil.

Blue smoke, using heaps oil, typical signs of a tired engine,

if its new id def be ringing someone about it,

Changing brands of oil aint gonna do a thing, as long as its quailty oil your using, just changing brands wont do much if anything,

only thing i can say is 20/50 is bit thick for a new engine, 10/40 is the normal,

goodluck

Blue smoke, using heaps oil, typical signs of a tired engine,

if its new id def be ringing someone about it,

This only happens on my 125 lifan which is a year old and ridden almost every day so I guess it makes sence.

I don't think your oil is disappearing. Oil just doesn't disappear like that, not in a day and a half.
I think you may be releasing the cam chain tensioner bolt instead of the sump bolt and when the little bit of oil in there comes out thinking your out of oil.

I checked it with the dipstick though...

sounds like they put the motor together without the rings in it......lol
Never heard of any motor without a leak going through oil that quick...

there was probably a low level of oil in there, so empty the sump, fil it with good quality oil, ride for a day or two, then see how you go... i suggest taking not of how much you poor in at first, and then empty the oil into a clean measuring contianer ti see if ur losing oil...and then just poor it bak in, and there also might be some oil in the oil cooler...

there was probably a low level of oil in there, so empty the sump, fil it with good quality oil, ride for a day or two, then see how you go... i suggest taking not of how much you poor in at first, and then empty the oil into a clean measuring contianer ti see if ur losing oil...and then just poor it bak in, and there also might be some oil in the oil cooler...

Thats what I plan to do, I put good oil in and I'll see how it goes.

And yeah does the oil cooler have an effect on the amount of oil? :confused:

Thanks for the replys everyone..

sounds like they put the motor together without the rings in it......lol
Never heard of any motor without a leak going through oil that quick...

mm my motor also does exactly the same, and i dont have an oil cooler.

and also, im verry confused, i put the bike up straight, and the little glass peice in the motor says its full, i check the dip stick, and its completely dry, or only has a tiny bit on there... any1 got any ideas?

my hiace van eats oil...doesnt blow smoke, doesnt leak...just eats oil...to the point i use a 30/70, the thickest available...

whatever.

blue smoke? time for new rings.

as for oil vanishing, and doing it quickly... some oils tend to evaporate quick...like cheap stuff:) and the more pricey race ones as well. very strange....

motul 20/50 is a good mid range oil... non synthetic! pennrite is also a good brand, and good old valvoline 4T:)

and, if you got a sight glass on your engine, trust it, not the dipstick@dime

lol why get a pitty rebuilt.. there aint no point.! theyre only 1000 bux a pop.!

i can see someone has rich parents.....^^^^^^^

why rebuild? cause theres something called personal satisfaction in pulling apart an engine, putting it back together again, and modding it, cheaply, that some of us find....rewarding?

then again, thers the type of person that likes to watch tv all night, wash their bike if its at all dirty, waste money on pointless hop parts(bling) and have no mechanical knowledge whatsoever.... cause they get satisfaction from showing off their bike, but not using it....:)

weeeeeee! get your mitts greasy! and get a set of spanners:)

lol why get a pitty rebuilt.. there aint no point.! theyre only 1000 bux a pop.!

did you know you can get a rebuilt kit ( rings, gaskets the lot) for about $70. i am tempted to do it just to learn how to rebuild one of the motors!

^^^^ go for it:) youll feel all the better for it:) and theres not much to learn other than to keep it clean... and not to lose parts...

sure, at times youll get pissed off and throw hissy fits when parts dont fit, but thats all part of the challenge:) then next time, it will be even easier...

Either he has ran it dry just enough to stuff the ring seal ... never bedded the rings in properly from new OR the engine was assembled with the wrong ring stagger from new ...

Now we're starting to get a better picture of WHY dime_megga's engine won't idle !!! ... The plug starts to foul at idle and there's most likely a lack of compression ... That's WHY we stated to check the valves ... When the engine is revving higher , the cylinder pumps up pressure and burns the plug clean but at idle it leaks down too fast to keep running ... Valves being held off the seat or leaking exhibit the same symptoms ... Multi cylinder engines run rough and shake ... but as soon as the valves are lapped and sealing , the engine runs so smooth that the owners think they've stalled at lights ... so they end up buggering up the starter motor ... LOL ...

Latest posts

Back