oil.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears that synthetic is the best for air cooled motorcycle engines ..... and Mobil 1 V Twin oil could be one of the best synthetic oils for air cooled horizontal engines since they get so hot .... The gears can reduce the viscosity of multigrade oil in around 1000 miles ..... 20W50 car oil is OK because high weight oils are less likely to have friction modifiers in them than lighter weight oils ..... Most people would change the oil in their pitbikes waaaay before they covered 1000 miles ....

Motorcycle oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Motorcycle Oil FAQs

Plain old supermarket car oil is good enough for your pitty IMO. I just use whatever I last used in my car and have lying around in the shed. In saying that I am a scab and when I had a 2 stroke victa I recycled the sump oil from the car as 2 stroke oil in the mower.

Before you guys hook into me, the mower lasted for over 20 years and had sump oil in it for at least the last 10 of them and the "chassis" cracked too many times to keep repairing it, the engine was still going when I chucked it.

Latest posts

Back