OKO 26mm Round Slide Vs OKO 26mm Flatside

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyldOne

Reaction score
Heys guys,

I just wanted to know what the the differences between a OKO 26mm Round Slide and a OKO 26mm Flatside carb and are there any disadvantages and advantages with each other? I'll also be looking at putting a 1/4 throttle on my bike and was wondering how would a flatside carb go with it?

well i have heard flatslides are easier to tune then the roundslides....i have a 26mm flatslide and im running an 1/8 turn throttle and i did previously run the carb with a 1/4 turn...so yes it works fine

I have both, the roundslide is a Mikuni VM26 copy and the Flatslide is a Keihin PWK copy (afaik)

The roundslide I had a lot of trouble getting it tuned right, with the flatslide I made one jet swap and moved the needle clip and it ran great ever since.

I find the flatslide to have a very flicky on/off power delivery which is great fun but can be annoying at times when you just wanna cruize along slowly at low throttle while the roundslide is a bit smoother all the way through the revs.

It's much easier to get support for the Flatty cuz allot of people around here have them and you can compare jetting specs to help get it running good, also the main jets are easier to come by for the flatslide.

oh yea I run a 1/4 throttle with my flatslide with a lifan 140 and it works good, hard to keep the front wheel down sometimes :D I had to mod the throttle cable to make it work tho

alot of people with large displacement engines(177+cc) go from the flat slide to the round.
mainly because the power isnt so aggressive down low with a round slide and it makes it more ridable on tight mx tracks

I still don't know which one to get... Sorry...

Flatslide!! tried and true, heaps of people around here run them and love them, performance increase is crazy, and it's easy to tune.
like I said I have both and I wouldn't bother with the round one

yeah if your running a 140/150/160 engine with minimal mods, OKO 26mm Flatslide FTW.

bigger the better? the spark plug gets wetter??

No muff too tuff, we dive at five... :D

Latest posts

Back