OKO 26mm UNI filter fitment

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B3RG

Reaction score
Hi guys, Got the OKO 26mm carby and UNI filter to go onto it.
but for the life of me I cant get it to stay on. when I push it all the way on and tighten the clamp it just squeezes itself off. I noticed inside the neck of the UNI filter it dosnt have any groves like the cheap ones? I got it from DHZ and asked them for help as well but no one has replied to me, any ideas??

Na mate it's just the way they are! I've tried everything to get those bastards to stay on, even sanding the outside right down!

Just do it up tight enough to hold on, you'll be surprised what little effort it takes to hold them on.

If your really worried about it, drill a tiny hole in it and feed a piece of decent fishing line through it and tie it off somewhere next to your carb.

But I've never lost mine, in the 3 years I've had them on my bike. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Hey liljohn_92 yeah tried to butt it up and put the hose clamp right at the end but its like the intake for the carby is too small,

thanks cordogs, I'll give that a try, might try a thinner hose clamp as well.

Wipe the filter out on the inside with metho so there's no filter oil on it, and the flange on the carby too.
Show us a pic of it sitting on without the clamp
I've never had any problem's with mine, do it up just tight enough so it can just move
It'll wear a groove into it after a while

Is it a 48mm uni filter ?

Last edited:
Bit of metho or thinners then some light sand paper on the rubber inner that slides over the carby.. 30 years been doing this with no problems

I had the same problem when i baught a uni filter for my oko26.
I cracked the sh!ts, returned it and got the cheap version

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Yeah. Its a bit of a shame to pay extra money for better quality and it doesn't work. Anyway I'll try a few of those suggestions and see how it goes.

The first time you install a uni you only tighten it about 1/3. It needs to press the groove from the OKO into the rubber. Usually after a day or two you can tighten it more. But be aware that the unis will only take so much pressure before the rubber splits and renders your uni useless. Basically they can be a COAT if not looked after or installed correctly.

And you have never lost your pants over that time either lol. Just not riding hard enough young fella lmfpo.

Na mate it's just the way they are! I've tried everything to get those bastards to stay on, even sanding the outside right down!

Just do it up tight enough to hold on, you'll be surprised what little effort it takes to hold them on.

If your really worried about it, drill a tiny hole in it and feed a piece of decent fishing line through it and tie it off somewhere next to your carb.

But I've never lost mine, in the 3 years I've had them on my bike. :thumbup:

And you have never lost your pants over that time either lol. Just not riding hard enough young fella lmfpo

Latest posts

Back