oko carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and you're valve clearances were .003 thou intake, and .004 exhaust ?
sounds like the inlet valve is still open a touch when the engine is running?

let us know how you go, checking it out anyway

Nah I didn't think to check the fuel bowl The screws were very tight nearly stuffed them when taking the bowl of when I first changed jets so it well could be that.

The valves are set at 4 thou for inlet and 6 for exhaust ?

it's only a 1/4 turn out now though brendo.

My fault didn't see that there, I'd still be checking the exhuast if you haven't already and the fuel is it old, contaminated maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ok, the valves should be fine then, a touch of extra clearance wont hurt, it can just be a little tappety.

How'd u go bro did u get it sorted an if so wat was wrong

Nah mate haven't sorted it yet I've got some jets coming so I will try them I put the molkt back on to make sure it was the carby and not another issue and it ran fine. I've pulled the carby apart and can't see anything wrong so I'm putting it down to jetting so fingers crossed. Judge what's going on with your carby?

I think it's jets as well it wth mine but im not to good with carbies it bogs down when I give it full throttle from idle to 1/4 it's fine but I think it's running abit lean I done a plug chop an it seems to be abit whitish but im not to sure wat jet to get weather to change both pilot an main or just main it's got 36/100 in it peein me off

I think it's jets as well it wth mine but im not to good with carbies it bogs down when I give it full throttle from idle to 1/4 it's fine but I think it's running abit lean I done a plug chop an it seems to be abit whitish but im not to sure wat jet to get weather to change both pilot an main or just main it's got 36/100 in it peein me off

If you've got a bog/hesitation when you blip the throttle from idle you need to go up pilot or screw in your mixture screw.

Yeah thats what is going on with mine but ive got a 38 pilot with my mixture screw only 1/4 turned out thats why I think I need to go upto a bigger pilot jet.

Yeah thats what is going on with mine but ive got a 38 pilot with my mixture screw only 1/4 turned out thats why I think I need to go upto a bigger pilot jet.

You should put up a vid mate with the bike idling and stabbing the throttle a bit so we can hear the thing idling should be able to tell you when we hear it. I still reckon something's leaking exhuast or manifold.

You should put up a vid mate with the bike idling and stabbing the throttle a bit so we can hear the thing idling should be able to tell you when we hear it. I still reckon something's leaking exhuast or manifold.
Going to a 40 pilot just sounds way to big for a stock engine I'm running a 26 oko on a 160 with 38 pilot 102 main and it runs crisp as, no hesitation at all and that is a tad on the rich side.
Like i kerp saying have you checked the exhaust has a gasket and is done up tight?

So it could be pilot jet I thought it was the main jet an ive play with the air/mixture screw it dont help to much it only about a 1/4 turn out an my exhaust is tight I'm not to sure how to post a vid

It's got A 36 pilot 100 main if I was to change the pilot would I have to change the main as well or not ill get it sent at the same time from dhz

the 100 should be pretty close to what it needs.

you wont really know until you have swapped in the new Pilot jet.

So I pulled the exhaust of tonight to check gasket and the gasket is good and there isn't any signs it has been leaking. And I've checked manifold/carby leaking using carby cleaner and contact cleaner around all of the joins etc and its doesn't splutter or no revs rising. What I did notice is when I pulled the carb apart the little hole in the carby body where the fuel flows from the pilot jet into just behind the slide is very small like a pin hole looking from the inside is that suppose to be that small? just thinking it might not be letting enough fuel through may or may not be a fault in the carb.

Well had a bit of a win today Changed jets and its finally running pretty sweet settled on 42 pilot and 102 main with screw at 1 1/2 turns out and needle on 1 above middle clip haven't done a plug chop as yet.

sounds good,
but be sure to do a plug chop though, just to be safe, you don't want to go burning a valve etc

Latest posts

Back