Oko carby Troubles

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

piggy

Reaction score
If anyone knows of any1 or that can do it ill be willing to pay money for u to tune it for me Has to be in adelaide i live in the adelaide hills

What the problem is??? :)

Ive got a oko 28mm jetted nicely to a yx150. you could try that, also would eliminate your oko being a dud.

Thanks heaps mate i just brought it its got a 110 or 125 frame with basically what u just said :) the yx 150 and oko 28mm im pretty sure

i cant go over half throttle without it cutting out basically

Theres plenty of threads on OKO's as they are prob the most popular carbs here on MR. Do you know what your current settings are? ie: Jet sizes?

May just be you need to re-jet it, which is quite simple to do your self.

firstly, where did you buy your carby from?
can you verify what type of main jets it runs or better yet a pic of the carb with the fuel bowl off!!

theres some dodgy 28mm oko's out there that can be near impossible to tune...also make sure you have checked your valve clearance as well

i got it with the bike mate it was already on it its got k97 and a k36 ?? cant upload photos sorry even if any1 wants to sell 1 or should i get 1 from dhz with the right jets??

my 101 main runs on the leaner side of awesome, so possibly your 97 may need to be bigger. my2c

When you say you cant go over half throttle without it cutting out, could be just as simple as a blocked jet. Try giving your jets a good clean (air compressor recommended) and it could well solve the problem.

nah pretty sure its not that mate pulled the carby apart and cleaned them already its the jets i reckon any1 have a oko set for a 150 will pay good money

a 100 or 102 main jet will be best choice for a 150. k37 pilot should be ok..

next step is to fiddle with the needle height in the slide.. try 1 clip groove down from middle and if its better but still not perfect then go another clip groove down.

just gotta remember carby basics..

idle to 1/4 throttle is pilot jet setting + mixture screw setting
1/4 to 3/4 throttle is needle height
3/4 to full throttle is main jet..

to pin point the problem further, how does the engine act at say half to 3/4 throttle
and does it improve at full throttle. (like can you ride thru the problem area when holding it flat)

but before going any further with carb settings just verify all gaskets and orings are in good condition and sealing properly on the manifold and manifold adapter..

wouldn't hurt to check your valve clearance and spark plug gap/condition too.

also does this engine have an inner rotor kit installed?

oh one other problem that i have seen is the emulsion housing in the bowl of the carby coming loose.
take the bowl off and float out and there will be 2 screws up in the carby.. dont over tighten them tho..

i run a 102 main and 38 pilot. make sure you dont have an air leak too.

Latest posts

Back