Online Gear Shops

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wildone
Go to the big MX shops and choose the items and sizes you want - then buy the items online from here:

BTO SPORTS - Motocross Gear, Parts and Accessories - Shop BTO Sports online for all of your motocros

These guys are in the States so you have to pay out a little for shipping - but if you buy all your gear in one go - you'll save big bucks! (usually around 35%)

I'd like to buy gear from local Aus stores - but when you see it's cheaper to buy Aus made gear in the States than here - it really pisses you off!

Also most Aus bike shops close early on Saturdays and don't open at all for late night shopping - you really get the impression they think the world owes them a fat comfortable living!

When Aus bike shops start providing products at competitive prices and open their doors when I'm not at work - they'll get my custom - until then I won't feel guilty about buying abroad.

Your kidding aren't you? You have time to go in and waste peoples time and money trying on gear, but the same shops don't open at a time that suits you when it comes time to purchase. Thats a pretty low act. Im all for consumer choice (you worked for your money so you should get to chose where to spend it) but wasting shop staff time when you have no intension of making a purchase is just low. If you want to purchase OS please do but roll the dice and take your chance on sizing. Also feel free not to show your face at the next race/fmx event organised by your local.

End Rant

FYI I had a kid in a couple of weeks ago that spent about an hour going through some upgrade parts for his bike that I had instore, he rocked in today with some Excell rims he bought from OS and was pissed of because he bought the wrong rim (#of spokes) and them got pissy when I wouldn't swap his rims for some I had in stock. And this happens quite a lot.

Sorry - I don't see any difference between shopping around and shopping globally.

What really pisses me off, is seeing safety gear made right here in Australia, retailed in the States at two thirds the price!

It's time our retail sector learned to compete - rather that sit on their ass and expect an easy living.

The old excuse that the US has a bigger population just doesn't cut it any more in a global market.

The medium scale retail sector here in Perth still argues against extended hours and week-end trading and that says it all - Bloody lazy!

i kno a good shop

Ballards Offroad Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories Penrith Australia

there in sydney but post to all over oz and there postage rate is cheap as chips

You might think so mate - but compare the prices to these guys in the States:

BTO SPORTS - Motocross Gear, Parts and Accessories

The US/Aus exchange rate is as good as even now - and there's no import duty or taxes to pay.

I buy stuff from these guys all the time - and despite them being in the States - deliverey is usually under 2 weeks. One good tip though is buy a few items at one time, so as to spread the postage over a few items.

OZ PITBIKE - Locomx.com discount for ozpitbike.com members - OZPITBIKE

10% cheaper than BTO ...
They will beat 'ANY' online price, and then take 10% off for members.

Yeah - but if you read their blurb, what they are offering are products from a US mail order company, who simply offer an additional 10% discount to their members - so again, you're still buying from the US.

I'm currently in the process if importing some bikes from India for a group of friends. The same bikes are available from a local store here in WA - and you would expect a 50% markup on the total import cost to be a fair - especially if they support the product locally with parts and service.

Having got the total import cost priced up now - I can tell you that the local retailer is marking up these bikes by more than 200% - which is a total rip-off in anybody's language! These are just the typical mark-ups you traditionally found all over the Australian import scene - and until recently it was a cozy little club where nobody rocked the boat. These guys then have the balls to complain when we buy from e-bay or overseas! Take it from me, the global market will soon put these guys out of business if they don't shape up!

What sort of bikes are you importing from India ?
I have heard you can import cheap bikes from Japan.

Latest posts

Back