Opinions on Cr125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkey

Reaction score
Hello. Im new here

Im just wondering i need advice

Im in search for a dirt bike

my options are

- DHZ 160 dpro
- cr125 or cr250

Im just wondering. Whats the maintenance for the 2 stroke bikes and year costs. And also what are the bike mechanic costs for top end and bottom end rebuilds.

and On top of that do you think the 2 stroke bike would fit me well
Im 17 year old, 185cm tall, 97 kilos and not fat 97 kilos lol. Ive been ridding pit bikes. i had a crack at the yz 85, it was really easy to control and the power wasn't a struggle.

do you think im ready to step up to a big bike ???

also can the dhz 160 be registered ????

Thanks

also Im not interested in doing MX riding or big jumps at all. just trail riding and bush riding

thanks

also Im not interested in doing MX riding or big jumps at all. just trail riding and bush riding

thanks

In my opinion if you are only interested in trail riding and bush riding I would go for something like a CRF230, CRF250, TTR230 etc.

yep my opinion is the same, 2 strokes arent that great for trail riding...

2 strokes like to kill plugs while trail riding so unless you have a back pack full of them theres going to be a lot of pushing your bike home lol...

go for a 250f

A four banger is defiantly more trail friendly They cruze along quite happily at constant rpms with a more linear power curve and plenty bottom end torque. All trial riding musts !

A correctly tuned 2 stroke wont foul plugs ive haven't fouled 1 yet and i race enduro's and mostly ride in the bush, I put a fly wheel weight on my 09 YZ250 and an extra base gasket and its freaking awesome in the bush, Power delivery is very smooth and manageable but also has a great hit to keep you on your toes, I prefer my 2 stroke for bush riding over my 09 CRF250R

But if your just learning to ride a 4 stroke will be easier to learn your core skills on.

125 2 strokes are the worst for trail riding don't get 1, 250cc min with minimal mods = bush weapon (in my opinion anyway :D)

Im keen on the dhz 160 due to not having as much maintenance, but i wondering that i would want a bigger big with more responsive power and good for my size. but im just worried about mechanic cost and maintenance for a 2 stroke.

my pricing on the bike is about $2700

and also which 2 stroke brand is the most reliable ???

thanks for the response guys.

2 strokes are very cheap to maintain and really easy to rebuild your self, a top end rebuilt kit is about 100-120 bucks.(250cc)

If your not to keen rebuilding 1 yourself and had to take it to a shop then probably add $100 for labor (depends what the shop charges tho)

If you want a reliable low cost bike the a 2 stroke is your answer, and for $2700 you could get a pretty decent 1.

A correctly tuned 2 stroke wont foul plugs ive haven't fouled 1 yet and i race enduro's and mostly ride in the bush, I put a fly wheel weight on my 09 YZ250 and an extra base gasket and its freaking awesome in the bush, Power delivery is very smooth and manageable but also has a great hit to keep you on your toes, I prefer my 2 stroke for bush riding over my 09 CRF250R

But if your just learning to ride a 4 stroke will be easier to learn your core skills on.

125 2 strokes are the worst for trail riding don't get 1, 250cc min with minimal mods = bush weapon (in my opinion anyway :D)

why would you put a extra base gasket on.... you would be getting less compression = less power

why would you put a extra base gasket on.... you would be getting less compression = less power

changes the port timing, from memory adding would retard the port timing which raises the torque curve..... could be other way round tho lol
but yes you really need to shave the head or barrel to bring the comp back up....

changes the port timing, from memory adding would retard the port timing which raises the torque curve..... could be other way round tho lol
but yes you really need to shave the head or barrel to bring the comp back up....

Spot on, I had never heard of it before but my mate at spreyton motorcycles said it works really well for trails, so i got him to do it and was blew away by the results.

Spot on, I had never heard of it before but my mate at spreyton motorcycles said it works really well for trails, so i got him to do it and was blew away by the results.

You used to be cool man.

Now all you go on about is your yamahomo 2 banger. haha ;)

They are good fun up the bush. :)

You used to be cool man.

Now all you go on about is your yamahomo 2 banger. haha ;)

They are good fun up the bush. :)

hahaha what can i say, ive been converted, Na im honda for life :D, Just enjoy the change from a 4 stroke to a 2 stroke.

thanks guys

im going to buy a 2 stroke 125 or 250

cheers for the info

If your after a 250 i would go with the crf250 they last alot longer unless you've got the money to keep fixing 2-stroke's!

Latest posts

Back