orion wirering diergam

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillysno1

Reaction score
hay guys i got a problem with my orion 125cc electics. seam to think its the coil/cdi. the dealer has sent a coil/cdi but will be here on thursday. but dad seams to think it not the cdi/coil:rolleyes: so he wants a complet wirering diagram for the bike. as in what wirers go where ect.(DETAILED)

also what dose the regulator do?

thanks

Hey,

First of all what is the problem?

The Coil and CDI are 2 different things. The regulator (12V) regulates the electricity generated by the magneto into a constant 12V supply(DC).

Heres a general idea of the Ignition Coil and CDI:

The CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) runs off the magneto and times the ignition with 12V signals to the Coil.

The Ignition Coil recieves the 12v signal and converts it to high voltage to maker the jump in the spark plug. (Usually 1,000V To 11,000V).

Cheers!!!

ok well im geting a new coil AND cdi my bad for wording it wrong. the problem is were not geting any spark. i know its in the electics. the batterie is fine coz dads got a meter and checked it. but typical dad dosent think its the cdi or coil so he wants me to reserch and get a wirer diagram so we can rewirer it cheeck conections again,look for screwed up cables ect. thats if the cdi or coil dosent work

if it isnt the coil or ur cdi then its ur magneto.
The battery does not run the cdi or the coil so its got nothing to do wif ur problem.

Cheers!!

sorry but whats the magneto?
the engien like turns over with electic and kick start but no spark

the magneto spins off ur crankshaft, it has magnets on it that if you rev ur bike the magneto will spin and create a spark quiker. The magneto sends a 12v signal to the cdi which times it then to the coil to be coverted to 11,000 volts for the spark jump.

install ur new cdi + ur coil and if it doesnt work its ur magneto.

ok ive tryed the cdi and coil, still no spark. engiends turning over,got compresion,taking fule,no spark. not their was this gold coloured thing with a rubber cover on it, its making a strange sound like a "CLICK,CLICK,CLICK" sound and vibrating alot. will post pics and i havea a .wav sound file of it

Hey Bro,

That " gold thing that hads a rubber cover over it" is what we call a " Relay"
It has switch like preferences that turn on and off. I presume ur bike has electric start? cause i removed my "relay" when i removed my electrics.
Im preety sure it activates your startor motor...

The magneto just runs off the flywheel with magnets... magnetos arnt cheap atleast 80 for a unit then u gota install it...

Cheers!!

Have you tried making shore the kill switch is functioning properly because if that isn't functioning and is staying on off, you wont get a spark.

we tried that. is their a way i can disconect it though? like i know on the 2 stroke pbs you just upplug from the coil. is it that easy on 4stroke?

hmmm i really cant remember wen i ripped and cut all my electrics off 1.5 years ago.. u might be able to remove the killswitch like the 2 strokes....just do sum trial and error bro!

Peace out

Hell no fool....the startor is the silver cylinder motor under the bottom of the engine. it has a chain that wraps arround the magneto/crankshaft and makes it revolve starting the engine....

Peace

phillysno1 said:
is a stator motor the same as a magneto?

Yes the stator is the same as the magneto, it is actually a reverse motor that creates voltage.

Dabomb, you are confused with the starter motor.

well im taking it apat tommrow. how much will a new stator cost?and where can i get one?

no im prity shure i ment stator, it was on ebay some guy had magneto(smae as stator). but im geting a new magneto/stator from the dealer soon. also we reliesed 2 ground wiers were missing so we solderd some new concetors and wirer, havent tryed to start it yet

Latest posts

Back