Oury Bmx Grips

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
WHAT: oury bmx grips
COST: $25 at shops can get them off ebay
WHERE: most bike shops should be able to order them in

WHAT I LIKED

you dont need to wire them or glue them or anything really they stay in place on there own, they are comfy grippy and soft, they feel great on your hands and take the pressure and vibrations off your wrists. I found the standerd grips on most pittys are hard and horrible soft grips like these are essential

Fit:
well fitting grips isint ever easy so its rather hard but once there on there on

Looks:
they look the part they add a bit more blingage to your pitty

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
trying to get them on and when you have it on your throttle its a bit thicker than your normal grip on it so it may feel a little strange to start with but didnt take too long to get used to

Choice:
plenty of colours to choose

VERDICT:
well definately worth the 25 bucks they really do feel good and do seem to make your throttle more response as the grip is more grippy which makes it feels smoother. So at the end of the day you will thank yourself for buying these as you wont get any blisters

Overall rating
8.5/10

photos:
DSC00181.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

Last edited:
yeah my mate has them in orange on his mtb they have pretty good grip and there fair sticky

yeh they are pretty good grips!

im getting a 140 moster soon !!! cant wait!

I think they are a bit chunky , i like my slim grips. These oury's kinda look a little old school but I like the colours they come in. I had to lock wire a set down multiple times using grip glue or I would have severe throttle grip.
Not that tough either the ends of the grips managed to shred up quickly after being dropped a few times without bar ends.
But for me the feel of these grips put me off , they are nice and soft but dont do well in the wet due to the lack of waffel.
Also have a look at white knuckle and ODI if your intrested in coloured grips.
Personal product rating: 5/10 . Cheap set of grips ( eastcoast has em for $15) , looks sweet but lacks in feel and are a tad dated.

Good review by the way Pitbikekid , good to see some other views on these grips. 50sbrotherhood likes them very much!

Last edited:
Hey all just a bit of advice. Put an air compressor under the grip once its on a tad then blow it and slide it on.. much easier

i run odyssey gedda 2 grips on my bmx and i love em
might have to get a set for the pitty
they come in a fair few colors and come with bar ends,but the bar ends dont fit alloy bars,theres a fix to that though,odyssey make alloy bar ends that use a grub crew on the lip and they fir 7/8th bars
the gedda 2 grips a usualy around $14

i run odyssey gedda 2 grips on my bmx and i love em
might have to get a set for the pitty
they come in a fair few colors and come with bar ends,but the bar ends dont fit alloy bars,theres a fix to that though,odyssey make alloy bar ends that use a grub crew on the lip and they fir 7/8th bars
the gedda 2 grips a usualy around $14

What kind of bmx do ou have?

Latest posts

Back