Outer rotor kit dramas

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleway

Reaction score
I bought this outer rotor kit NEW OUTER ROTOR KIT ADJUST TIMING 140cc 150cc 160cc - eBay, Other Cars, Bikes, Boats, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 25-Nov-09 17:36:33 AEDST) to install into my atomik with an xy 140 engine.
I installed everything but I couldn't even begin to understand how the wiring went together so I took it to a motorcycle auto electrician to hook it up.
3 hours and $200 later they call me to tell me everything doesn't match up and it makes no sence.
The wires coming off the ignition are pink, green and white and yellow with black and yellow and black and red in a a plug
and this weird one, green and red with this strange plug that seems to go nowhere
Then there is the wiring harness which has
black and white and green wire in one plug (this is the only plug that fits the plug coming out of the ignition)
yellow, black on another plug with a single blue and white and a single red and black in the same bundle
green, black and white on another plug
One single green wire and one single black and yellow wire in the same bundle

I know its hard to tell me anything from this description but I don't have a camera.
I think they have sent me the wrong wiring harness, what do you think? what should I do, am so pissed off. :mad:
Thanks

Last edited:
**** i just ordered the same kit hope mine works out

ok, just got off the phone to the guy who sold it to me, said that its **** trying to get the chinese to match things up with the right colour. Gave me the phone number of a friend/mechanic he knows who is supposed to be able to clear it up for me.
Will keep you posted
Still pissed off :mad:

I have a couple of those ignitions, but i was lucky enough to have an older one on another bike which had the correct colours to match it up off. The looms are confusing, they have provisions for 2 kill switches as well as all wrong colours.

I'll draw up a pic of the connector and label all the wires if you like.

ok, I've uploaded a pic of the cdi box connector, assuming you have the box in your hand and are looking at the pins.

pin 1
red / black stripe. pulser coil

pin 2
empty

pin 3
red / white stripe. pulser coil

pin 4
pink. ignition stator

pin 5
black / white stripe. kill button

pin 6
green / white stripe. ignition stator

pin 7
green. earth

pin 8
black / yellow stripe. coil (+)

You should be able to work it out from there. Coil (-) terminal goes to ground (frame). So does the green wire from the kill switch.

The yellow wire coming from the stator wiring is for a lighting circuit which I'm tipping you wont be using.

Last edited:
The guy who sold me the ignition put me through to his very helpful friend who spent half an hour talking me through it. If anyone needs info on what wire connects to what I can post it here.
Who wasn't helpful was the motorcycle auto electrical company in north coburg who tried to sort it out. The quality of the work was good ( I got a total loss set up installed) but the guy who is the face of the business was a complete tool, rude as hell and obviously not a tradesman himself. I would seriously recomend against using them

yeah dude post away i ordered exactly the same one and mine should be arriving in a few days

cheers

hey mate can you post it up mine came did yours come in pieces??

Yellow - red and white trace
Black with red trace - pink wire
Black - black with red trace
Black with yellow trace - coil
Green - earth
Blue with white trace - green with white trace
Black with white trace - kill switch
Yellow wire - cut off and insulate it
All green wires are earth

Apparently you need a coil with a single wire rather than two to make it run properly. Can anyone help with that?

^^^^^ yep but there's 2 you can buy, adjustable and non adjustable. the non adjustable one's are heaps cheaper but they're rubbish

coil shouldnt matter. theres black/yellow and green on the 2 wires... the green is obviously earth

Well obviously you know everything about this kit so obviously you should have posted the wiring details up yourself.

...and if you can get it to run cleanly and consistantly with a twin wire coil then please feel free to share. I am only telling what a mechanic said to me who has installed a couple of these kits and kept having dramas until he changed the coil.

Has anyone who actually has this kit got it going ok?

why would i of posted the wiring details when theres couple on the previous page...
china wiring is confusing enough without the need for 4 million diagrams...

hey guys i installed the kit and wired it all up and now i can't even get the bike started im seriously stumped ???

Is it actually sparking? you may have the stator plate on backwards, that will make it fire 180deg out. I run these on all 3 of my bikes, no problems.

Latest posts

Back