Owner comments on AGB30

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redstar

Reaction score
Guys, has any one ever purchased and/or had the chance to ride the AGB30 a.k.a. Detonator? I'm curious about a few things such as how it actually handles with its vertical engine and how is the build quality.

Basically, any user comments would be appreciated. I've read so much about negatives about it that I'd like to hear it from those who've actually owned or rode it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
No one on here owns one that i know of, they look like a piece of shit and i bet my cock they are.

Thanks to both of you but I'd rather let them speak for themselves.

Haha if they are anything like the quality of their younger AGB brothers they are a piece of shit. They are totally out of proportion.

MJC85, listen, I thought I made myself clear. I need input from someone who owns or has ridden in one. The stuff you're saying - I know them already.

Your last post, while most likely correct, again, was merely a presumption you made.

No hard feelings and I never enjoy putting up posts like this so I hope I made myself clear enough this itme.

i have not owned or rode one but i have had the chance to see one in action and its all bad news im afraid. when it got there it took the dude ages to get it going (about 20 mins) then when he finally got it going he went for a blast and i was still a little dissapointed because it just seemed sluggish, it revs off its head but doesnt seem to go anywhere (possibly gearing). the worst part of the entire day for this poor bloke is that we saw him pushing it back to his car to load up and leave as something else had gone wrong for him. unfortunatly i didnt get a chance to ask him what the problem was but he didnt look too happy about it.

once again as i have said, i have not owned one or rode one so it may be different for someone who knows how to set their bike up and maintain it properly (his looked like it had been dropped a few times. plastics were rooted (scratched to all hell))

hopefully an owner of one can proove me wrong here and tell us how well they really handle.

Cheers, Tony.

my mate got one of these the other week, yes it does look rather shitty... especially the sticker kit. Have taken in for a spin a few times at ripley and sumner park... a few adjustments on brakes and suspension had to be made and now it handles alright, the engine has got heaps of grunt but i wouldnt recomend it for jumping. It handles the trails quite nicely due to its size, but even tho the suspension is adjusted to the stiffest it still bottoms out on relatively small jumps...

Myself am thinking of getting a monsoon or DHZ lifan 140

ive ridden 1
it was alright but very very heavy bike and its not good around berms and shit like that and the front seemed a bit washy for me
and didnt have much pulling power out of the berms
but felt comfy to fide
if it had pro taper bars on it so it was a bit higher to hold onto

Thanks a lot guys. I've just broadened my knowledge about this particular bike. This, to me is meaningful info (both good and bad feedback alike).

Hopefully, its meant to benefit other interested members/guests as well.

I typically enjoy working out solutions to problems (handling, power distribution, etc..) so with the input shared by Dayal and Binky77, it keeps my imagination/analysis going.

My hats off to Bones. This guy has constantly been sensible in all his posts that I've come across with. I appreciate his contribution in this thread.

The geometry of the bike is wrong.

Its a mixture between a trail bike and a pit bike.

The quality of the bike is not at question.The dilemma is
1. Its a poor pit bike. Suspension is average and the weight :( well that speaks for it self. If you want a pit bike get a 29,detonator,mso,or a Blade and so on. AS a trail bike the wheel base and sitting postion make it poor as well.If you want a Trail bike buy a "es175 colt" or such it will out preform the 30.

There are alot of bike out there ride them all test them all,and avoid eBay sellers if possible,
Although had potentila the design was lost in translation

Where do you live?

Last edited:
yea bones is a fukin legend when it comes to answering questions and stuff. he always gives good helpful responses, and if he doesnt know the answer he trys to lead you towards someone that does. unlike mjc85 who dises any bike that isnt a motovert.

well said pitboss125, and highly agreed!!!!

yea bones is a fukin legend when it comes to answering questions and stuff. he always gives good helpful responses, and if he doesnt know the answer he trys to lead you towards someone that does. unlike mjc85 who dises any bike that isnt a motovert.

Mate I don't put shit on all bikes, just ebay bikes and ebay bikes sold as a expensive brand name like Pitboss and Craaapsters

when i got my thumpy i use to dis people with ebay bikes, but at the end of the day they are all the same. You can get bikes cheeper than what they were in 05. You can get pit bikes and make them bullet proof for under $2000..

It doesn't matter what bike you have it matters how you ride it and at the end of the day fiddys are for fun.........

Now i'm the person on this forum with the shitties bike, jr50.. its my "pit bike" i got for free from my mate. i'm puting big bars n shit even tho it goes like 25km/h..

The AGB 30 everyone has said they are very heavy and are hard to jump. But with better suspenction, chuck some pro taper bars and get some other items it will be a good bike......Mabye even 12"12" wheels or something would look good.........

Mate I don't put shit on all bikes, just ebay bikes and ebay bikes sold as a expensive brand name like Pitboss and Craaapsters

Yea i will admit pitboss have gone pretty cheapo (i own one). They no longer use jailing motors, they use lifan. But you dont pay out mso and they are pretty much the same as a pitboss, they are however cheaper and i now know that i should have got an mso. But i dont care, i have bought fast ace forks for my pitboss and im saving up for a elka back shock... so in the end it will be a good bike. Anyway sorry for changing the subject, can we get back on topic. All this guy wants to know is wat the agb30 is like.

Yea i will admit pitboss have gone pretty cheapo (i own one). They no longer use jailing motors, they use lifan. But you dont pay out mso and they are pretty much the same as a pitboss, they are however cheaper and i now know that i should have got an mso. But i dont care, i have bought fast ace forks for my pitboss and im saving up for a elka back shock... so in the end it will be a good bike. Anyway sorry for changing the subject, can we get back on topic. All this guy wants to know is wat the agb30 is like.

MSO are good value compared to what else is available, they may be similar to an Ebay bike but they have quality suspension and don't charge the world like Pitboss and Craaapster do.

thankyou all for your kind words :). its nice to know that my input is appreciated but in all honesty you have all helped me out in some way, i can only return the favour. thankyou again :)

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back