PBD 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wen i look at that all i see is a pitpro copy

there was a thread on this bike not to long ago
use search button and check it out
he got heaps of replies so its worth it

cya

That engine doesn't look like a Lifan 140 !!!!! It looks more like a YX140 or a Zongshen 140 ...

That engine doesn't look like a Lifan 140 !!!!! It looks more like a YX140 or a Zongshen 140 ...

why do you say that? it looks identical to my lifan 140 in my pitpro except for the pitpro logo engraved in it

IF your engine looks like either the YX140 or Lifan 125 in this link and is not stamped 1P55FMJ then you've been conned ... also Lifan 140's have a black iron cylinder with horizontal fins plus they have the oil cooler lines routed from the cases .. not the head ...

Engine Spares

well F@#K ME!! you're right
I've got a IP56FMJ
well that really sucks, it seems like oil lines from the case would work much better than the pretty much useless setup on my engine

so which is better? lifan 140 or YX 140?
I've heard the lifan is better as a stock engine but the YX has better mod availability

well F@#K ME!! you're right
I've got a IP56FMJ
well that really sucks, it seems like oil lines from the case would work much better than the pretty much useless setup on my engine

so which is better? lifan 140 or YX 140?
I've heard the lifan is better as a stock engine but the YX has better mod availability

Mate , IF your YX140 engine has been running reliably then why worry ? ... Most problems are caused by abuse and poor maintenance anyway ... At least you now know the frue facts about what brand your engine really is ...

As far as I can tell there are NO mods that you can't do to the Lifan 140 that you can do to a YX140 ... That's just another load of BS passed off by US sellers ... The main differences are that the YX140 has a 13 mm gudgeon pin and the Lifan has a 15 mm pin ... You can readily buy hi comp pistons , cams , ported heads with bigger valves etc from Akunar to suit Lifan 140's ... you can buy spare gear sets , kicker gears and the RHS case cheaply from OZ if you break them ...

The YX140 has a 57 mm stroke whereas the Lifan 140 has a 59 mm stroke ... the YX has weak engine mounts whereas the Lifan has much stronger mounts ... The YX has the cylinder fins around the wrong way (vertical) which gives less than the most efficient cooling and you are spot on in thinking the head take off cooler lines are inferior to case take off ... In reality , the Lifan 150 is a factory modified 140 ... It has the same 59 mm stroke but just has a 56.5 mm bore ... an alloy cylinder with the same horizontal fins ... the slinger totally removed , a lighter adjustable ORK ignition , a Daytona type clutch cover with replaceable oil filter , a better cam and springs ... Since they have been built , tested and sorted out by the factory ... they are extremely reliable ...

You could put an Akunar 57 mm piston , cam and springs , 150 ORK and billet oil slinger in a Lifan 140 and it'd most likely be faster than a stock Lifan 150 ... but what makes ANY engine reliable is the way that it is put together and since most people having a go at it aren't skilled fitters and tuners ... there are usually a spate of blow ups which they blame on the engine part quality ... Believe me ... I've seen countless times at the drags where newby "race" teams have tried to get their own personally built Top Fuel car down the track and some of the spectacular blow ups were quite comical to watch ... amounting to a free fireworks display ... :p ...

Here's a few PM threads to check out ...

Have ?'s on what motor to get. - Planet Minis

Deciding on the right motor? - Planet Minis

Latest posts

Back