PE24 CARBY HELP???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crf50 2008

Reaction score
Im putting my crf50 motor back in at the moment and ive just put a stroker crank in it so it is now a 108cc ive just bolted the carby on (pe24) and put the fuel line on and noticed there is 2 other brass fittings 1 on each side of the carby.
Do i need to do anything with these?
do they need to be blocked off or do i need to get small fuel line or anything to put on them??? im not sure what they are for cos my other carby doesnt have them?

ive added a picture to help??????????

iphone4Pictures449.jpg

iphone4Pictures448.jpg

i havent started the bike yet???

Hmm just a guess but after working on my Keihin FCR carb on my big bike I gotta say they look like breather ports. If they are then most bike manufactures put fuel line tubing on them and run them down between the swing arm so they vent to the ground, along with the overflow hose.

On my kato I have actually run these through a filter, as it is possible for dust to be ingested through these vents, but that might be too much hassle for a little bike, your call.

Another point is that if you run the vent hoses down, as most bikes do from factory, and you decide to say cross a creek or a deepish rut full of water then the bike can stall. The vent hoses get submerged and air cannot enter the carby and the fuel flow stops until the hoses are clear and the vacuum is released.

So in the unlikely event of you crossing water it is advised to run one vent hose up the frame to allow the carb to breath at all times and one down to allow any possible fuel to drain after a stack.

Saying all this is only worth it if they are in fact carby breather vents. I have a PE28 on order at the moment so if someone can verify they are breather vents that would be good for us all!!

try and get the bike started and use your finger over the vents to make sure they dont suck air..
if they do then they need to be blocked, if they dont then they will be overflow vents like stated above and you will need to run them down thru your swinga. failing to do that will result in water in your carby every time you wash the bike..

I have a PE28 on order at the moment so if someone can verify they are breather vents that would be good for us all!!

PE28 is different to the PE24 pictured... Ive got a PE28 on a Daytona 150 and it only has a fuel over flow and a breather.

fuel-tap.jpg

carbi-pe28-front.jpg

Thanks eichkay! I hope the OP has his answers now. What's been your experience with the PE28? I see most ppl on here love the OKO's. Was this an improvement over your previous carby? I have a molkt 28 on my yx160, I'm hoping this will give it a smoother stronger response. Also I just feel better with a genuine Keihin under there anyway!

Thanks eichkay! I hope the OP has his answers now. What's been your experience with the PE28? I see most ppl on here love the OKO's. Was this an improvement over your previous carby? I have a molkt 28 on my yx160, I'm hoping this will give it a smoother stronger response. Also I just feel better with a genuine Keihin under there anyway!

I've only ever had this gen Keihin PE28 on this motor , it's a very nice carbi, the slide is a work of art compaired to mukuni copy's and even gen mukuni vm26 I've got. It's got very smooth edges and highly polished.

The PE28 has be fault less , I wish brought a smaller Keihin for my bike with the Vm26 as the mukuni has been a pain in the ass for me jetting has been a nightmare and having float issues which I might have finally fix last weekend.

I've only ever had this gen Keihin PE28 on this motor , it's a very nice carbi, the slide is a work of art compaired to mukuni copy's and even gen mukuni vm26 I've got. It's got very smooth edges and highly polished.

The PE28 has be fault less , I wish brought a smaller Keihin for my bike with the Vm26 as the mukuni has been a pain in the ass for me jetting has been a nightmare and having float issues which I might have finally fix last weekend.

Thats good to hear, but not too surprising as well. The Keihin on my big bike is so well made, its all quality. One thing I hated on my cheapo PitPro was the throttle feel. It was partially the carby and also the throttle itself. Nasty stuff. I have ordered a genuine Domino throttle along with the PE28, so I reckon it should be a smooth operation now.

I just noticed the other day that I'm product matching my pity to the kato.. Haha, I better slow down before it gets too expensive!! :lol_hitting:

Thanks for you feedback too.

Latest posts

Back