Pellican point being fenced off!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kennaz

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just thought i would let you all know whilst i was at work today (On the construction site plumbing the big ass white grain tower) i noticed a fencing mob putting in fence posts the whole way along the road and even around the corner. The havent meshed the fence yeat but when they do the whole thing will be blocked off. The have left a gap near the train tracks but that about all. I wonder if that means its now government land and not crown land? Any which way it bloody sucks!

just too let everyone know now It has been fenced off the whole way around now. even onto the main road. They have a fair few sign saying NO BIKES MAX FINE $500,000.

Bloody bastards, we need more riding space, not less.

wtf is that land for anyway? just so they can say that they own it

Its crown land. I thought crown land was free? They put up heaps of sign and they all say its crown land. I went down for a drive abou an hour ago to see how many people are riding and all i got was 2 cop cars and a security car parked on the side of the road. One cop car was parked behind the only car with a trailer at pp. We need to get a petition or something going cos this is F'n bs! How many god dam skate parks do they build these days? All we want is a little bit of land!

Pelican Point

Hi Kenaz

Your right - I was there with my family on Sunday (24 June) and its definitely being closed. In fact I would say that the mesh will be on the fence this week and as they say ..... 'thats all folks'!! As you all know, this area has been closing very quickly over the past couple of months and now what has been accessible to the public (recreational vehicle users) for well over 30+ years, is now no more. This will have both instant and a more lengthy and severe impact on users as well as suppliers of recrational vehicles in Adealaide. It's a shame that groups and retailers didn't get together earlier to pressure the Govenment over provision of land for the purpose of use by this group (ATV's, bikes, quads etc). I believe the land at PP is owned by Marine & Harbours. I suggest that anyone who has the time or inclination, should consider sending correspondence to at least the Minister for Recreation & Sport & possibly the Minister for Urban development & Planning. It would be nice to see a collective response from those who sell recreational vehicles, as it is they also who will ultimately feel the effect of the closure of such an important 'local' venue as Pelican Point.

We need to seek, via Government in the first instance a response to the closure and to seek, via pressure, an alternative local venue for our use!

Who are the best people (groups) that can speak on behalf of users of Pelican Point? what alternative venues can the people of Adelaide and surrounds use? Murray Bridge?

exactly! it suks
you can drive through like 1 suburb of adelaide and see like 5 skate parks...and then you can drive through all of South Australia and see about that many places to ride motobikes legally! The government is putting like 300k+ into these skate parks...why not put that money into some land..i kno theres legal shit but theres also legal shit with skate parks so come on!!!

Theres numerous bike big parks that arent compadible for mini's, I think they focus more on them. Pellican point and Pt Gawler were good because all bikes can go there.

Anyway, hopefully pt G will reopen soon!!

I have written to 3 SA Ministers this week to raise the issues of Pelican Point closing and what alternatives and intentions the Govt has with regard to another piece of land for use by people in Adelaide with Recreational Vehicles. I'll post the answers when I get them. Its a real shame that the retailers in Adelaide (bike/quad sellers in general) couldn't get themselves together and also canvas the Govt, after all if we cant ride somewhere, many will either sell or not buy new bikes .......

yeah too bad its in the middle of no where...

Far from it!! Its only 15km from pellican point and 30km from the city.

I have written to 3 SA Ministers this week to raise the issues of Pelican Point closing and what alternatives and intentions the Govt has with regard to another piece of land for use by people in Adelaide with Recreational Vehicles. I'll post the answers when I get them. Its a real shame that the retailers in Adelaide (bike/quad sellers in general) couldn't get themselves together and also canvas the Govt, after all if we cant ride somewhere, many will either sell or not buy new bikes .......

Good job! Will be interesting to see what happens. :)

No problem. Spoke to the owners of Port Gawler this week, they are awaiting proposed changes in legislation (going through SA Parliament now) so that hopefully loopholes in public liability insurance will be addressed. If so, they may re-open, as they would have secured some insurance. Up to date, no insurance company would touch them due to the loopholes (e.g. with the increase in litigation, people are more inclined to sue if they are hurt or hurt themselves).

Cheers (Geoff - Brandon's Dad) (Brandon's bike - Pit-Pro (Limited Edition) 125.

lol, somehow i VERY highly doubt they're gonna fine $500,000! lol, unless it is bill gates' daughter riding there they're not gonna fine over 5k.
that rlly stinks for all u guys in SA! in vic we hav quite a few decent tracks...
BrandonC that's a rlly good effort to write to them and let them kno you aren't happy about there being no tracks around, cos with no tracks the only other legal place is private land and how many ppl here own a decent size property big enough to freely ride bike.... it is actually a big mistake for the council, if no1 can rde there every1 will ride on the road and they will get rlly pissed..
good luck with gettin pt. Gawler back.

Is there any way we can email them so we can tell them how we feel too?

Latest posts

Back