Performance Mods

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingy01

Reaction score
Hey guys

just wondering what type of performance mods are out there for the el'chepo orions and the like? and can you buy them online? Ive looked all over the net and cant find anything that would really make too much of a difference to the performance any ideas??

Dude.. By Gaining 24km/h. You Will Lose an Absolute Shitload of Bottom end. Which Dirt bikes are all about.

Goodluck with that.

I havnt fitted it yet but heaps of people have said its got better acceleration and makes the gearing work much better. All the good quality pit bikes have a smaller sprocket aswell.

yeah 37 rear sprocket is the shit.
all top bikes have a sprocket around the 37 mark.

Yea i actually got an extra sprocket with the bike which turned out to be the 37 tooth, after i put it on it was like a totally different bike it really made a huge difference its just like fanger said it really does add a whole new gear. and for the 26 carbie that came with the bike too is there much more i can really do for extra performance? and what about a new exhaust do they have much of an effect?
thanks for all the tips though keep em coming

i wouldn,t go overboard with engine mods as this may be a bad move for the chinese engine. if you pick the right gearing, re jet your carby, add a breather pipe to the head area and buy a better pipe than stock you will have a good bike that is both reliable and has the needed grunt like in all 4 stroke engines. lilscottie is the man to see.

Until you guys with ducars try some stuff out we can't help with advice. If your too scared to delve into a running engine then find a blown up motor so you can start to explore the internals and come up with some dimmensions so we can tell if some of the aftermarket parts for chinese engines will fit. For the ducar it is very likely that a high lift cam and high compression piston could be found to fit. If someone can post a pic and dimmensions of these parts we can tell. Big power is to be had from these mods either on their own or both together. A port job and proper tuning will have your bike cranking

I dont exactly have alot of engine knowledge, or very much at all for that matter but how hard would it be to do a porting job myself and how hard would it be to completely screw up my engine in the process? also if anyone could post up a "how to" mayb or even a link to one that would be great,
i think thats what this site needs, a good how to section *wink* *wink*

A port match is a simple task for more power. Get a 25mm mikuni carb if you havn't already got one, then using the black carby spacer mark the inlet manifold and file or grind the diameter the same so there is no lip. Then using the gasket where it bolts to the head as a guide try and judge how much to file from the other end of the inlet manifold to have no lip there either. Then take off the exhaust and file flush the weld just inside the header pipe. These are a simple mod to make the engine breath a lot better.

This link will demistify these engines a bit for you
http://www.danosbikeshop.com/technical.php?OID=mainTbl

and this has general 4 stroke help
http://www.4strokes.com/tech/

Thanks for that, ill give it a go when i get back from holidays in a week or so, probably post up some pics and will let you know how it all goes. fingers crossed it all goes to plan and i still have a working engine at the other end.

if you have little knowledge of these bikes/engines in general, i suggest you dont do it. Go to your local moto shop & ask who does moto engine port & polish, they should know. It will only cost about $60 and they will know what they are doing.
if u wanna possibly screw up your engine, do it your self.

Your probly right no-fear, but I've encouraged many guys to have a go at the exhaust and inlet manifold (easy to replace) and they've been stoked at acomplishing something themselves. Full port job is different, although with the ebay replacement cost of these motors,(i've seen Lifans go for $102 and $112 dollars) its the first time anyone keen enough can have a go if so inclined without risking too much. I'm porting two heads at the moment and will try and post some walkthroughs with pics if anyone is interested.

yeah exhasut is okay, but workin on a engine is completly diff, i'd rather let my mechanic do it, least i know it will be done properly (fingers crossed) they have all the correct tools and knowledge.

post up your walk through, im interested in the process involved.

Mack said:
Until you guys with ducars try some stuff out we can't help with advice. If your too scared to delve into a running engine then find a blown up motor so you can start to explore the internals and come up with some dimmensions so we can tell if some of the aftermarket parts for chinese engines will fit. For the ducar it is very likely that a high lift cam and high compression piston could be found to fit. If someone can post a pic and dimmensions of these parts we can tell. Big power is to be had from these mods either on their own or both together. A port job and proper tuning will have your bike cranking

mate im all for atemting crazy shit and fucking it up. i tryed to instal a modchip in my ps2 and now it wont load games:D bought another one and nearly did it again:D (works and play back ups now) i would be doing the same to my dirt bike if i could get it to even bloddy start. once i do get it to start im gona try all the mods i can aford and if i blow it up.oh well. also if anyone wants to send me some free aftermarket parts to try im more then happy to;)

also you cant turbo 2strokes but how would i go about turboing a 4stroke dirtbike?

Latest posts

Back