Performance Tuning

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HyperMotard

Reaction score
Does running a 140YX with no muffler(with exhaust no muffler) increase power? Because my mate did it and he says he notices a difference but I thought he was stupid. It was DAMN loud though you can hear it a kilometer away. Also do you guys know of any 'tuning' I can do to increase performance and I mean tuning no money spending just like adjustments. BTW how to I make the front forks rebound by themselves I know this is one of the Reign's problems.

where you want to ride that bike then???,,,the moon???
Remember: Loud bikes close tracks!!

Last edited:
hypertard tell your wanker mate to put his muffler back on before it draws more unwanted attention, and tell him to take his hand off his penis, he wont be able to pick the difference, as the bike wouldnt have been tuned to run without a muffler...

as for the "performance" tuning, the only thing you'll be able to do, is possibly rejet the carby...
i think you'll find the forks on your bike ARE rebounding by themselves... if they werent, the first time they compressed, they'd be stuck all the way down...

have a look through the tech "how-to" section... all these questions have been answered before...
Try the "search" button...

thump*140 even if you're trying to help someone your language isn't really needed. Every post you start swearing and screaming I can actually see you in my head yelling and being pissed off. RELAX. TAKE A CHILL PILL.

HyperMotard i've been riding 27 years... longer than you've been breathing no doubt...
The amount of places i've seen shut down, the riding areas shrinking and shrinking, or the country side burnt to a cinder, due to idiots either riding with no mufflers, or riding where they shouldnt be, would make you shudder...
it's people like your mate, that cause tracks to be shut down, or increased police presence where once upon a time, we were free to roam, as we werent hurting anyone but ourselves...
So yeah, every time i hear about an idiot like your mate without the muffler, or hear about some kid who thinks he's gangsta cause he tears up the local park on his pitty, unlicensed, scaring the bejesus out of the mum and kids trying to enjoy the swings, damn right i get pissed off and start yelling...
How many riding areas do you think you'll have in ten years time?? Hopefully when your unmuffled mate sells his bikes up, due to lack of places to ride, you both might feel a pang of guilt, and reflect hmm, perhaps we should have made a bit more of an effort to ride legally, to ride quietly, and encourage others to do so as well... we might have somewhere to ride...

Latest posts

Back