Performance... what should i do?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stumbows

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently bought a pitty for playing with engine wise and getting a feel for it all so I bought an Atomik MotoX and I know they aren’t the bet quality thing out there but they are cheap and I only want to mess around with it.

So my questions are…

I want to increase performance so I thought I would put a bigger carby on it.

I currently have a 25mm as claimed by Atomik and my question was is the 28mm ones you see on eBay actually a 28mm and bigger than the ones I already have? If not where can I find a 28mm and will this increase the performance?

Also along with put the carby on what else should I do maybe get it re-jetted or something? And would I best to put a bigger exhaust on for more air flow along with the new bigger carby?

If anyone could answer some or all of my questions I’d be happy!

Also if anyone thinks of anything else good to try or an alternative to those things for increase in power without breaking the bank too much let me know.

Cheers
Michael

no need for a bigger carby but i would say you should get a REAL Mikuni 25mm & it will go a heap better, dunno about the exhust i think the moto-X comes out with the 1" pipe & i don't think there is any bigger maybe a H-bomb copy exhust would give you a little more power & flow tho.

It's got a 28mm pipe and i've seen wider pipes on various pit bike sites for sale.

Does this sound right because i have seen 30mm pipes out there and when you said my carby isn't genuine did you mean that it being 25mm or that it being Mikuni?

Thanks

this is what i'm talking about all those mikuni's on ebay are fake & no where near as good as a real mikuni

I know it's ebay but it says Mikuni on the carby and it's from DHZ and they are claiming it's genuine.

Do you think they are bull shitting?

Also even if it were fake it's got to be better than my fake 25mm no?

thats not a genuine mikuni! the genuine have a different choke set up! (like you see on all race bikes! and some trail bikes

Alright....

A couple questions tho.

This says it's a replica for a start so doesn't that mean it's a fake? so then it wouldn't really be an upgrade.

second it's only a 24mm this is less than what mine already is.

and it says it's for a 140cc. Would this be compatible with my 125?

It's fake because you can see how the air fuel mixture screw is on the bottom

Thanks Sidney...

Maybe you or anyone else can answer my last questions about the Flat Side 24mm carby i asked a little earlier.

LOL thanks i know your trying to help but i already knew that and what i asked was will it work with my 125cc?

Will it be better than what i already have?

and what makes that copy better than any Mikuni from eBay?

oh lol ok, it should work on your 125cc, it should be better than what you already have as it is a flat side carby, bigger isn't always better i would do other mods to your bike before a carby, like irk etc. correct me if i am wrong.

get a racing cdi, if changing carby i suggest the oko 24mm

Ok so an Inner Rotor Kit you say?

What major enhancement would i notice and does it cost a lot of money and is it better value for money over the carby? and why would you do it before the carby?

and fiddy_110 what is a cdi? and how will affect the performance of my bike? and again how much can i expect to pay for a racing cdi?

Thanks guys

get an IRC, better cam, racing cdi, good exhaust, k&n filter (dunno if they make k&n filters for pit bikes)

So can anyone tell me what each thing does and what kind of value for money they would be?

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back