Performance... what should i do?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
get an IRC, better cam, racing cdi, good exhaust, k&n filter (dunno if they make k&n filters for pit bikes)

..save all this...sell your engine on Egay and buy a Lifan 140...then you got 9HP right out of the box;)

IF you never have a go ....you'll never never know .......

So can anyone tell me what each thing does and what kind of value for money they would be?

Thanks guys

The IRK will allow you to adjust your ignition to advance or retard for fine tuning and it allows the engine to rev up quicker when not under heavy load . Sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad as the flywheel directly controls tractability . You can buy IRK flywheel weight kits to dial in the power delivery and traction to suit different tracks . CDI stands for Capacitor Discharge Ignition . The kits are cheap enough to try out for your own personal experience and learning curve . IF you never have a go ..you'll never never know .......:p

Flatslide carbs are reported to give better bottom end hit and throttle response . No the 24 mm carb won't be too big for your 125 engine - it should be perfect as long as you have the patience to dial it in to suit how you ride . When buying carbs you need to make sure jets and spare parts are readily available . Genuine Keihin PWK parts are reported to fit the OKO's . Genuine VM Mikunis are round bore carbs and you can get all parts to dial them in - plus they'd have a decent resale value . Those "30" mm Mikuni 26's from DHZ work surprisingly well on a Lifan 120 with a ported BVH - port matched Lifan 26 mm intake manifold and an opened out and deristricted stock DHZ pipe (25mm I/D) But I'd go the 24 OKO or a Genuine VM26 Mikuni due to the fact that the idle mixture screw is easier to get at :)

Yes - the mountain is right - the 140 will most likely give you the best bang for the buck ...........:cool:

Yea i was planning to change over to the Lifan when this motor dies but maybe i could buy one a little sooner than planned.

I forgot to mention that a 24 OKO round bore carb is bigger thru the venturi than your "25" Mikuni which is really only a 22 mm oval bore carb ! You could still buy the parts to try on your existing engine - then take them back off when you go to flog it off !!!! But IF you're going to buy a 140 then you should buy a carb that's big enough to suit one ! :)

But the 24mm Flatslide by oko would suit a 140 though wouldn't it?

So this would be a good carby to get if i were contemplating taking it to the 140 when i upgrade?

But the 24mm Flatslide by oko would suit a 140 though wouldn't it?

So this would be a good carby to get if i were contemplating taking it to the 140 when i upgrade?

Flatslide 24ers got their problems with bogging....I guess it would be even worse on a 140...so if you got the engine get a vm26 and you are done;)

Latest posts

Back