Perimeter custom build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDR

Reaction score
bikes been sitting for along time and i thought it was time for a re-build
i have ordered a GPX 125cc race engine should be coming tomorrow or hopefully by the end of this week :)

Here are the specs at the moment:
pro taper SE low rise bar
Scott grips
dunlop front and rear tires(nothing special)
mikuni 32mm carb

mods to come:
cnc fuel cap
gpx 125cc race engine
oko 26mm flat slide carb
dnm rear shock
new plastics and graphics
and a few bling bits.

heres progress:

looks like a good build
the GPX 125 is an awesome engine. i've got to get my old bike fixed up coz i want to use the gpx again

Yeah man a real beast i was shocked when i first saw the specs of that engine

Finally got the gpx 125 in but need to modify the frame so the clutch arm wont hit i already know how im gunna fix it so that's not a problem
Here is the engine
2j193b8.jpg

Looks sick what style of plastics will it take

klx mate. But the rear shrouds are ment to be cutaways.

going to put rockstar energy graphics on when i buy my new plastics to

that looks sick . i love the red. what forks you got on that beast?

Thanks man.

Stock forks at the moment but there awesome forks very strong

Modified the engine mount so the clutch arm wont hit.
also added oil cooler,exhaust and carb

engine mount before:

2mpylqq.jpg

engine mount now:

33ylvkp.jpg

the whole bike so far:

2yltcol.jpg

2wnwn4y.jpg

also yes i no the rear shocker is upside down its only there temporary to hold the bike up so i could get the engine in
cause i need new bushes anyway.

Last edited:
anyone got any feedback for my bike or isn't any one interested in this build?
just asking

Im a little interested, as you might be able to better some of my choices, however it is a steel frame and it appears you have been using cheaper parts, not that there is anything wrong with that, as budget does come into a build, just telling you my opinion

Its coming along nicely... but if you want perosnal opinions heres mine. get the frame sandblasted and powder coated gloss black, the rims also. But thats just peronal taste and it does come back to money

yeah i would get it powder coated but I really just got the thing back together lol and i probably don't have the money
mehhh I'm starting to think this was a waste of time

My opinion is i am kind of interested.
As for the sandblasting and powdercoating that sounds like a great idea, except I would get it bead blasted and then depending on how the frame looked get it coated in a clear coat to show off "bare" metal.

I wouldnt know a cost of the top of my head... but just ring around some places in Melbourne and I reckon you could get the frame and wheels it done for around $100.
@fusedminis a clear coat could look pretty nice depending on how nice it looks after being sandblasted

Mate keep going with the build I'm looking forward to the progress :)

Hmmmmm i would get it sand blasted but i have to pay my dad back $230 for paying half of the engine
ill just have to put up with the current but i hope i can make it look good with its current paint

Latest posts

Back