Perimeter custom build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going to try and save the current paint, its all in the prep. Just spend a good couple of hours sanding, stripping and sanding some more, then lay some thin even coats over the top, you should be able to do it on the cheap and it should look pretty good, but with painting its all in the prep.

^^^^^Exactly what fused said. preperation is vital for a good paint job. if you just spend 10 minutes prep you'd better expect a sh*t job but if you put in the hours it will look awesome and will last longer;)

Yeah thanks man i actually found a place 2 mins away from my house i will defiantly save up and get it done they do sandblasting and powder coating so im pretty lucky so ill keep the current then go to the place and ask for prices cause this December coming up i have a private ride day with friends thanks for all your opinions you've helped alot i have now got a new list of parts to come

list:
HD PITSTERPRO X4R Alloy Swingarm(hope it fits)
oko flatslide carb(replacing mikuni 32mm)
dnm rear shock
billet stuff(rims triple clamps and all that bling stuff)
uni filter
hopefully green or another color fuel line
new plastics with rockstar energy graphics

things to do:
sand blasting and powder coating
running in the bike peace of cake
and more ideas from you's :)

im starting to fall in love with the idea of powder coating because of the video i saw looks fricken mad thats all there is to it
so ill be saving hard for the powder coating :)

again thank you for all your ideas every idea i have taken and looked up and thought hard and believe there helping heaps so i thank you

Yeah mate this bike could look trick especially with the parts your thinking of and the powdercoating and definatenlty man the powdercoating can be last just get the bike together first ay.
As far as the OKO carby from what i've read Id recommend a 26mm OKO - effective for nearly all engine sizes and is easier to tune than that of the 28mm.
How long till you get all the parts? cuz im ordering some stuff in a week or two so I could pick you up a rear shock (DNM MTG-rc 290mm) for cheap as.

um hopefully pay off the 230 dollars before December then ill get payed for doing the lawns (25 bucks) save up some more then ill go motorbike city in lavernton north and do a bulk a buy which is easiest

then after the ride day in December I'll start concentrating on money for the sand blasting and powder coating so this thread could be going to next year!

to bad I'm not old enough to have a job or this would of been finished today maybe

started the bike for the first time a couple of minutes ago and boy o boy does it have allot of grunt.
done a nice quick run in and im taking the 26 oko flat-slide off the list cause my current carb is awesome with this engine throttle response is 100% perfect even under load its good

so hopefully this December coming up it will get a real nice run in

all i need now to be ready for the ride day im going to in December is my plastics repainted temporarily till i get more money after the day and just a new filter and all that

cheers Andrew

Updated pics

Ive got some updated pics and also i stripped the paint of my exhaust so its plain aluminum

Before:
33z92y1.jpg

After:
9awj6w.jpg

Whole bike so far:
2py8j1f.jpg

delfr.jpg

2ihp08h.jpg

More progress

replaced all engine mounts with high tensile bolts and a few other things
also re-painted plastics for now until i get the money to buy them

Pictures:
74077167183109977666100.jpg

73675167183233310987100.jpg

37127167183169977660100.jpg

Good progress mate... how odes the gpx 125cc handle and also whats the handling and stability of the frame like?

handling is awesome mate and stability is very good to...
Will be even better with a dnm rear shock i recon!

yeah i was shocked i couldn't believe that it actually had good throttle response goes like hell

I personally think you have made an awsome work on this bike!! put some supermoto tires on that thing and it wud be rippin up the street! Ever since i got my tires i cant stop backing it in, in EVERY corner! xD

I really like the paintjob it looks real good.

One love from sweden!

Bumpy bump

Finally continuing

ok stripped thee whole bike today ready to be sent off to the powder coaters!

Pics:

sorry for thumbnails cbf resizing

will get a to buy list up when I'm not so tired!

Nice Mate!! what colour are you thinking atm?

should make the bike look schmick especially with ya gpx engine... I'd personally go a sexy gloss black on the frame up to you lol

Keep us posted mate
Carlton

Latest posts

Back