petrol headache

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogo1987

Reaction score
hiya if anyone can help it will be much appreciated what is the correct 2 stroke and petrol mix thanks

for what?

i run 32-1 or 40-1 in my bikes, lawnmowers, whipper snippers
so; 40-1 = 4 litres petrol - 100mls oil, or 25mls of oil for every litre of petrol

in all bikes that i thrash that are 2stroke (and my ol rm125c) i ran 25:1 but thats because there was no time accept warm up that it was not in powerband

did that smoke much^? sounds like a lot of oil to me, Back a while ago begore the the both of us (you and I) were born 2 strokes ran 25:1, but now that the quality of oils and engines and bearings etc have improved they only require a ratio of 50:1. But I don't really like running it that lean on oil just in case.

yeah, it smoked a decent ammount... if you could make the smoke out in all my roost :p

i probably would not go under 35:1 personally because when i ride i would feel my rings sticking to the bore every second :p

Yeh good oil makes all the difference, I found I had to use cheaper oil when running in a new piston/rings because the good stuff wouldnt let it bed in (motul 800). That being said I run 60-1 in my trials bike with good synthetic and many guys go 75-1 but still run 32-1 in my old it175

motodevo,
i never knew you had an IT175 !
do you have any pics of it up here ?
and + reps for owning it too !!

with my 1984 Yamaha IT200L, it still has the factory sticker on the tank stating 25/1 ratio.
this was fine back in the day, but i agree with the oil quality now, 32/1 is a good rich oil mix when using semi synthetic oils.
my bike seems to rev a bit cleaner up top running 40/1, and with it i don't have oil weeping from the exhaust joints, or flicking up onto my rear fender anymore.
i still have another 200 odd km's to go before mine is run in properly, (bored to 2nd o/s) so it currently has 32/1 ratio still, using Shell Advance Ultra

i still like to use the Castrol Racing R30 Castor oil too, the smell is awesome.
i drain my tank when the bike is going to sit for a while, and use it for my 2 stroke Suzuki lawn mower.
and the looks of people walking past down the footpath when i'm mowing the lawns is priceless,
it brings back childhood memory's of being down at the Speedway watching the bikes racing past .....

i still like to use the Castrol Racing R30 Castor oil too, the smell is awesome.
i drain my tank when the bike is going to sit for a while, and use it for my 2 stroke Suzuki lawn mower.
and the looks of people walking past down the footpath when i'm mowing the lawns is priceless,
it brings back childhood memory's of being down at the Speedway watching the bikes racing past .....

i-love-the-smell-of-napalm-in-the-morning.jpg

LOL, man i love that smell. Reminds me of the Speedway, back when we actually had one....

heres the only pic i could find on this pc

Its an IT175F(79) and was the first decent bike i ever owned, rode the sh!t out of it and never has missed a beat, still runs perfectly. Also have a G model, 2 stroke 70's enduros were the first bikes i lusted after and i still have a soft spot for them. Way too many bikes in the shed though, theres also a 79 PE250, 78 DT175, 86 MTX50(the missus' bike), 86 FANTIC 243 trials bike,92 DT200R and thats just the 2 strokes

^Nice, wish i had my camera working for the last race weekend at VCM. One of the head guys there had a full registered IT250 in absolutly shmick condition.

the super powerful and reliable china motor i got for my pushy asks for 16:1....

youre allowed to lean that a bit to 20:1 after "break-in"

i say LOL and just run 50:1 of my favourite, penrite something or other...

had plenty of them die, but none from lack of lubrication! always something minor like broken rings or molten pistons :rolleyes:

I use 50:1 in the kx 85 nothing but Amsoil Dominator :grinning-smiley-003

the super powerful and reliable china motor i got for my pushy asks for 16:1....

youre allowed to lean that a bit to 20:1 after "break-in"

i say LOL and just run 50:1 of my favourite, penrite something or other...

had plenty of them die, but none from lack of lubrication! always something minor like broken rings or molten pistons :rolleyes:

BURN THE 2BANGER BIKE KIT, install nice quiet 4stroke one and run it forever :p

BURN THE 2BANGER BIKE KIT, install nice quiet 4stroke one and run it forever :p

i blew up a 50cc huasheng that got some weird coke deposit in the head, a big swirl that wrapped around the exhaust port then finally jammed the valve open. also had to swap the carb twice, and...the rocker pin bearing thingy broke. friend now has the piston and conrod in hers... after her rod snapped. now her motors started ticking again. bad bad bad.

yes, i do agree, go with the 4bangers. quiet, smooth and (usually) reliable. my gripe is, i have...a honda and two subaru 25cc engines. if they didnt have the fan/flywheel, i wouldnt mind sticking em into a pushy frame. the actual cylinder and crank is tiny.

the flywheel just makes them too wide and i hate the idea of "bent" cranks. any kit available is complete rubbish, no matter who made it. so your left with making your own mounts. same deal. the motors too wide for a neat fit.

ive sort of been designing a vtwin 4banger but. i want something that fits as easily as the 2 stroke kits, with the sound and torque of the 4 bangers. it is actually amazing that the 2stroke kits are exactly the same as when they were first designed in the 50's...in russia. very little has been changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_IhDJ2wIlo this was the fourbanger when it was running :)

and this is the pipe i started making the other day :) PICT0252 (Medium).JPG they make the 2smokers pop wheelies. top speed ive reached is 85km/h :) ive stopped porting the cylinders after the last one. 5 hours of work destroyed by one ring locating pin falling outta the piston!

Latest posts

Back