Petrol Question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineRider

Reaction score
Hey guyz

Heres a question to the people around VIC area, (Not sure if they have it anywhere else)
but for the people who are familiar with the petrol station called "Shell", they sell a petrol called "V-Power". My dad's and my brothers car runs off same petty as my bike, they used V-Power for the first time the other day and they said it made there cars run ALOT better.
Now my question is, do you think it would make the mini's run any better, or are our engines only for unleaded 91' or whatever it is?

i put in what eva burns , i have been known to run wd40 some times

prolly not much help

GenuineRider, Their has been thread after thread about this kind of stuff always comes back to the same conclusion it doesnt really do anything mate. That "v" power fuel is a high octane fuel but it makes no different some members on here have done Dyno tests with standard and high octane with no different. The only thing that will help your bike is high octane has less carbon build up inside your engine (Carbon build up is black stuff, just reduces it makes it more clean)

Hope that helps buddy.

thanks for that sam
i did a bit of searching and couldnt find anything similar to this thread, i shall search harder next time

Its alright mate the search thing on mr is pretty sh!t :p

And holy shit snitchy you serious!? hahahahaaa

Would have lost a lot of power yeah? atleast you didnt need to worry about it seezing :p haha.

The High ocatane 98 fuel allows the air fuel mixture to be compressed more than your average 91 and also allows for further timing advance without detonation or combustion before down stroke of the piston, thus giving a cleaner, better burn and more power.
If you are running a tuned engine and looking for performance you would only use a 98 fuel, but if you are just running a stock engine then as Sam said, just use what ever fuel burns even if it is WD-40.
IF you can afford it stick with 98.

yeah i agree Barnesd, also some of these pitbike engines come standard with 12.5:1 compression so i would be using 98 in them.

also use the BP ultimate 98 octane as the shell optimax uses a additive to get it to 98 (i think 'V' is ok). this isnt that good for small carby motors. and i have had my RGV250 stop just for using shell otpimax.

i guess anyone could afford to run 98, as pitbikes only have a 3litre tank. so if the premium stuff is 10cents a litre more. then thats only 30cents more per tank.

I have to agree as well if your running High compresion pistons etc and have a lot of compresion you probably should be using high octane. but tahts the only time i would really use it a stock standard motor doesnt need it.

yep i run premium in my all my bikes.1 drum for all.. burns cleaner, allows easier starting i recon too...

Latest posts

Back