Picked up a $100 Banga, Atomik Pro X 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tbags

Reaction score
Hi all,
its been quite some time since ive been on here asking for help

while out riding today i picked up a $100 cheap mini bike, question i have is can any one tell me what style of frame this is?
i can clearly pick out a crf 50 from a 70 but this has a frame ive never come across
WHICH makes it hard to pick out new plastics, seat and a swing arm
if anyone could help me, that would be fantstic

cheers
Tbags

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 53
Last edited by a moderator:
KLX plastics by the looks of it ? with a long rear fender

pics in the light would make it easier

appears to be an agb 29, or atomik pro-x. a good bike, the frames are good for jumping. for 100 you did well :)

yeah mate she is the atomik pro x/agb............. a little heavy but definitely sturdy. i think they use ttr style plastics i actually have one in my shed in bits

Not a ttr style mate. Atomik made up there own plastics for this bike. They are quite tricky to get a hold of but you should be able to source them from somewhere.
They are a chopped down klx style plastic.
Cheers

sorry for the dark picture, i just went and grabbed another picture,
its mostly stripped down, writing down a list of things to replace / upgrade i.e. bearings, tyres, brakes and such

it is a heavier bike compared to my DHZ Outlaw, but still feels pretty comfortable to sit on

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 29
ahh ok didnt no they made their own, ive got almost a whole one of these bike in bits, will build it after my x4r build is done. im guessing they were copying bbr with the frame

Spot on there mate. Trying to copy bbr's primmy frame

when you say chopped down, do you mean smaller in size or slightly different mounting points,
plastics are fairly cheap to buy but if they are Atomik specials i doubt they would have any

yeah, definately an Atomik,
it would say it on the plate near the front of the frame.
KLX plastics fit, it's the same as my parts bike, FastAce rear shock, adjustable WYSYD forks ducar engine
the frames are very heavy, the rear section is cast iron where it drops down to the peg mounts, lol

Cheers mate that is awesome, exactly what im looking for, the seat mounts look the same as the seat i just took off,
one thing i find strange about this bike is it has an e-start 125.... with no battery box OR starter switch, so to me its on its second engine

could be?
my old Ducar had a broken Kickstart shaft when i bought it, that job was something i didn't want to do back then.
i just swapped another engine into it.

you can convert them back to a kickstart only setup easily.
just remove the flywheel, stator, starter, and the plate that bolts onto the l/h engine case
then fit a standard Lifan type stator and Ignition cover to it
it'll tidy up the look of the engine, and save a little weight too

i just looked at your first pic again too, the side panels on yours are the short type
i'll try and find a link for them

Last edited:
ok so new parts are on order, frame is stripped and ready for powder coating,
i have a spare 140 lifan on the shelf from a previous mini bike, it has a standard cooler, has anyone fitted a twin cooler to these frames??
it looks like there is enough space behind the plastics

Well just for anyone reading this thinking about changing the 125 to a 140.....

The frame takes ONLY start in neutral engines, start in any gear will not fit, unfortunately :(
Clutch arm contacts frame

is that the 140 you tried ?
Can you bend the clutch arm down a touch ?

Got the frame back from powder coating, and it looks brand new!

i have done a test fit of the KLX plastics on the frame and the silly thing is that the left hand side plastic is slightly smaller than the right hand side, so the original bracket will need modifying which is a shame
think im going to also purchase the BBR plastics just for the different sized rear plastics that may fit better

Latest posts

Back