picked up a second bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so does the rear shock just bolt straight to the swingarm?
or does it go past the swingarm and through to the linkage set up underneath it ?

DNM have an adjustable one around that length, here is a secondhand one - PIT Bike DNM Adjustable Rear Shock 280mm Brapp Motorvert Atomik Pitbike | eBay

or a fastace 270mm, but his only has a 250lb spring- PIT Bike DNM Adjustable Rear Shock 280mm Brapp Motorvert Atomik Pitbike | eBay

you need to try and compare the spring thickness to get one close
maybe take it to a bike shop?
or contact a seller on ebay and ask them what rating spring it uses

no linkage on the TDR. I was looking at that 2nd hand DNM shock but the spring is 1200lb. That is the highest I have seen so figured it might be a bit extreme..... no one local will touch china bikes so I'm going to have to guess. 250lb is about as low as I have seen.

does a slight change in height make a big difference? I was looking at these

Pit Dirt Bike Gas Shock Absorber 270mm 600lbs Piggy Back White 110cc 125cc 140cc | eBay

Pit Dirt Bike Gas Shock Absorber 295mm 750lbs Piggy Back White 110cc 125cc 140cc | eBay

OK that looks good but the spring thickness is 9mm and I just checked the TDR and the spring thickness is 12mm. I wonder what that would equal in pounds... I like the first 2nd hand one you linked too but am nervous about the 1200lb spring. I asked the seller and he said it would be fine because it is adjustable......

Sorry going back up a bit. I recon you're correct about it being a TMX looks like a single spar frame very similar to that of the pitpro, that said if you're not doing big jumps it should be fine for just having some fun on!

As for the shock you should be ok upto a 290 in that frame. I'm running a 290 in a pit pro (very similar) frame.

It will change the angles of your steering slightly but with long forks on it you should be fine, will just take a few degrees of rake out, which will make it turn slightly faster and be a little less stable at top speed, but you probably wont notice it at all!!

OK that looks good but the spring thickness is 9mm and I just checked the TDR and the spring thickness is 12mm. I wonder what that would equal in pounds... I like the first 2nd hand one you linked too but am nervous about the 1200lb spring. I asked the seller and he said it would be fine because it is adjustable......

the 1000lbs fastace i had was way to firm. the 800lbs gpx shock i had on the dpro125 felt a heap better, and that was only a cheapy. i reckon 1200lbs would be way to stiff, 800lbs dnm adjustable would be the way to go imo

I guess if the shock isn't blown you could just get and fit a new spring with a lighter rating? Surely you'll get a better shock for less outlay!

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

from the research i did, i concluded that tmx and tdr are either the same company or use the same manafacturer....

I'd say you're correct! Different TDR frame style than mine....my TDR had a tmx pro knee saver pad too ;-) still this one came with a decent motor, and all the parts are basically new! Just don't do big jump and it should be fine! :thumbup:

Sent from my WT19i using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back