pics-swingarm falling onto chain roller.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtbikewarrior7

Reaction score
I just painted my frame and put it back together but when I lift the bike up from the rear, the swing arm falls down onto the chain over the chain roller stopping the wheel from spinning. I have adjusted the rear shock a few times but it still hits it when I hold lift the bike up. So if I go over a jump, the swingarm locks onto the chain because of the weight and locks up the back wheel. What have I missed?IMG_5824.JPGIMG_5825.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5824.JPG
    IMG_5824.JPG
    964.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5825.JPG
    IMG_5825.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Welcome to Minirider's

Drop in here and introduce yourself

The shock spring look's pretty loose in your picture.
How much does the bike sag in the rear when you sit on it ?

Shock too long? If it were me I'd take off the fixed chain roller and fit a spring loaded one or just get a shorter shock

Ok im pretty sure the the rear shock is the problem. When I lift the bike up the swingarm falls onto the chain roller because the rod in the middle of the shock pulls out where as on my other bike the rear shock doesn't move not letting the swingarm drop. So how can I fix this? It was working fine beforei took it off. There is a valve at the top. Does this need air in it or what?IMG_5831.JPGIMG_5828.JPGIMG_5830.JPG

Last edited:
Normally a shock will have nitrogen in it, not air.
To me it sound's like the seal has gone in the shock, and let the oil come out down past the rod ?

Might need to buy a new shock for it

I had the same shock on my TDR it blew out on the first jump I think and both plastic bushes totally fell to pieces after that I noticed the chain was very loose even with the spring tensioner Replaced rear shock and adjusted the chain all good so far :)

It would pay to buy a better brand/quality shock like a DNM or Fastace
Measure the shock from eye to eye, and see if there is a spring rating on the spring somewhere, like 550lb's etc

DNM shock's

Fastace shock's

Good advice from these hands, I wound up buying better shocks for my bike and have had no trouble since, AYE??? Hell, these shocks I bought have been handling some hard abuse, I'm talking rugged, rutted, and downright nasty rocky roads in the backcountry here in Dago... I've had problems with the bolts that hold the hubs to the wheels, or vice versa, but ZERO PROBLEMS with the new shocks, they are BAD@$$ and can take some hardcore thrashing. Granted, that might not necessarily solve your bike's problem, unless you have the wrong-sized shocks on your bike, but new and correctly-sized shocks are a BIG F#%G STEP in the RIGHT DIRECTION. Enough said, good luck with that issue, I'm off to see the wizard... that wanker owes me $500 and I intend to collect, even if that means taking it out of his goddam worthless hide, LOL. ADIOS!!!

Latest posts

Back