pimpit rims , has this happened to you too

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick 50

Reaction score
Hi guys , just curious to find out if anyone else has bought rims from pimpit industries and buckled or dented them ,
as i rode on my standard alloy rims from pitpro for nine months and i never buckled or bent them at all ,
this is the 2nd rim that has done this ,
and this was after 2 or 3 rides probly 2 hours max if that ,
I didnt even know of it until my kids pointed it out to me ,
DSCF4900.jpg

DSCF4899.jpg

that rim has marks on it like it has hit something with some force
I did that to my stock Pitpro 140XR rim last time I went riding (lots of rocks)
few whacks with a rubber mallet and retention spokes and looks like new.....

bring it back, shouldnt do that, not after 2 hours of riding? how much did you pay?

and if you use a rubber mallet to persuade it back is it only a short time before it happens again as it has a weak spot from it??

Its clearly taken a bad hit! ie rock etc, thats not a quality issue cause look at the impact mark on the outside of the lip!

Thats gonna happen to a 1hr old wheel or 15yr old wheel! a rocks a rock;)

If its happened before than obviously its the tracks you ride:D

Just rubber mallet it out than retension spokes and your good to go again till next time mate.

i have ridden the same track at wells rd motorcycle park for the last 12 months and this never happened on my stock pit pro alloy rims ,
as soon as i put these crap rims on this has what has happened ,
the track is mainly sand and a little bit of hard pack ,NO ROCKS ,
and is groomed twice a week ,
only thing i can think is that maybe i have hit a square edge or something ,
And hey i didnt even feel an impact on the front rim ,

And i did email a picture of it to DAN at PIMPIT INDUSTRIES but it has been over a week with no reply ,

Last edited:
i have ridden the same track at wells rd motorcycle park for the last 12 months and this never happened on my stock pit pro alloy rims ,
as soon as i put these crap rims on this has what has happened ,
the track is mainly sand and a little bit of hard pack ,NO ROCKS ,
and is groomed twice a week ,
only thing i can think is that maybe i have hit a square edge or something ,
And hey i didnt even feel an impact on the front rim ,

And i did email a picture of it to DAN at PIMPIT INDUSTRIES but it has been over a week with no reply ,

You still running the same air pressure that you have for the last 12 months?

All china rims flat spot quite easily, when it comes time to replace them invest in some SMpro's or Excell's and a good quality spokes. Do it once do it right, good jobs aren't cheap and cheap jobs aren't good.

when i first got the rims i was running around 14 to 16 psi ,
Then after damaging the first front it was replaced and then i started running 22 to 25 psi which is a bit hard but i thought if i did hit a sqaure edge again or whatever i hit it might not damage it ,
on my old pitpro rims i was running 10 psi and sometimes even less

when i first got the rims i was running around 14 to 16 psi ,
Then after damaging the first front it was replaced and then i started running 22 to 25 psi which is a bit hard but i thought if i did hit a sqaure edge again or whatever i hit it might not damage it ,
on my old pitpro rims i was running 10 psi and sometimes even less

Were the old rims steel?

The best way to fix dented rims is to get a length of wood , grind one end to match the curve of a good part of the rim .... then place it on the bent part and hit the other end with a lump hammer .... the wooden "dolly" get's things back into proper shape quickly and easily ....

yeh well after waiting nearly 2 weeks for the reply from pimpit ,in which he has not relied yet ,
I have done what you said cactus ,
its not something i like to do as the rim will be weakened in that spot now but it came out pretty good,
Dan from PIMPIT INDUSTRIES is usually very quick to reply to any queeries in regards to items he is selling but dont hold your breath when you are complaining about some of his cheap crappy products he sells ay
2 WEEKS AND NO REPLY FROM HIM

i've had the same thing with a very small incident where the front wheel landed in a hole after a step up, didn't hit real hard but did the same damage, mate also bent his rim from pimpit. we've put the standard rims onto the billet hubs and had no dramas

Latest posts

Back