Pipes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
Im looking at getting a full pipe system for my Cr85 and a Vforce3 Reed but the shops ive looked at (Peterstevens/ballards) are asking $500 for the header pipe, $250 for the silencer and $300 for the Reed.

This is an absolute joke considering in america i can pick up the pipe system & reed for $575 shipped (AUD). So this leads to my question, is there any customs fees/taxes/GST if i ship it in? Ive heard they leave you alone if what your importing is less than $1000?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

if its under 1000aud and you are buying for personal use then it should be customs and tax free...
but dont do something silly and purchase it using a business name

lol its funny how everyone these days buys there goodies from overseas..

if its under 1000aud and you are buying for personal use then it should be customs and tax free...
but dont do something silly and purchase it using a business name

lol its funny how everyone these days buys there goodies from overseas..

Haha overseas would be 1/3 of the price and i get it shipped quicker than if i bought it from some place in Qld (i live in vic). Its human nature to get the cheapest and be stingy! haha.

so by under a buisness name what do you mean? im going to buy it through Paypal which is under my name/credit card, will this be ok? I still cant get over how much cheaper it is (seems to be) in the US than it is here in Aus.

Sorry about all the questions & really appreciate the help

yeah personal credit card/paypal is fine..

the reason i mentioned the business name bit was in case it alarms the customs people and try and blow wind up yr ass thinking your buying it for resale purposes... but a couple of one off bits should be fine

but youll be fine.. 99% of the stuff i buy is from overseas and i have never had a drama

Latest posts

Back