Piranha 160 vs 160ho

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon fmxer

Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the other Yx 160 and the piranha? My Yx is the one with no oil filter, and doesent have a sight glass.

Plus how does the piranha go up against the 160 zonger?

As I'm looking at both for my new engine, and will be putting v2 head on too.

only differences are obviously the visual ones plus the zonger has a slightly different stroke.. couple mm's.. yx160 is just over the 160cc and the zonger is just under

That questions probly a bit hard to answer for anyone i think the newer one is more than likely the better of the two because technology changes and these engines get little upgrades every couple of years, for reliability odds are no one knows unless they have had both engines and ran them the exact same way. Ive got one of the newer yx160 and can say it goes fairly well. Ive ridden both a yx160 and 160ho both with an oko and imo the yx160 feels like its got more torque thats just me. Asking about reliabilty with these engines is like asking does it rain were you live well sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. These engines are the same sometimes they hold up sometimes they dont, its the nature of the game. I reckon theres probly a reason that pitster uses the zonger over the yx thou. Its up to you at the end of the day.

I see what you mean.
I was just hoping to see what everyone thinks as owners of each engine.

I know there's going to be some that will last and some what wont.

As I don't know of anyone using the piranha yx160, and can't find any info on the engine.

The piranha 160 would just be a normal yx160 with piranha stamped in the casing like atomik does with there 160 and pitster does with theres im guessing. So no difference its just they call it a piranha. My 160 is atomik and it goes hard and havent had any problems with it in nearly a year of having it and giving it hell but in saying that i maintain it with regular oil changes and check clearances to. Hope that helps a bit

Ohk, only reason I say the piranha is that on the pics I've seen of it, it has a sight glass and removable oil filter. As mine and most other Yx don't have,

I've had my Yx for a while too, and do the same, oil changes and valve, a lot.
Def a gd engine.

uqa9uju5.jpg

Ohk, only reason I say the piranha is that on the pics I've seen of it, it has a sight glass and removable oil filter. As mine and most other Yx don't have,

I've had my Yx for a while too, and do the same, oil changes and valve, a lot.
Def a gd engine.

Id probably sent em an email and confirm that they actually do even though the picture shows it

Latest posts

Back