pit bike vs. pocket bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javi33175

Reaction score
I see that most pit bikes top speed is about 55+ and theyare 125cc and there are pocket bikes like the x18 that are 110cc and go 70+. Y dont the pit bikes go that fast?

they do , you must be refering to a bag of **** pitbike (foxico) or a very poor rider mine pulls 55k's in 3rd no worries , pocket bikes a designed soley to go fast and many are hard tails so there is no upward or downwards movement as there designed for slick roads.Pit bikes are designed for more than just speed they have to handle offroad terrain ,jumps ,ruts ,berms ,sharper corners etc

Last edited by a moderator:
All it all depends on gearing too with the right gearing and a 125cc pit bike you could be pushing 90 - 100km/h

I haven't gotten my bike yet, but even still my brother in law had a cheap no name pit bike, i can't remember what it was but he diden't pay much for it and that still went way faster than 50

i think you got bad info, coz i think you would struggle to find a pitbike around here that has a top speed of any less than 75kp/h and most or them would have a top speed of 80-100 given the right conditions

You could hit 100 with big sprockets but you would need massive run up.

mehh mine would'nt pull the skin of a creamed custard

hehehehe i just like that saying

A pitbike with normal sprockets will reach maybe 75+ k's
With different sprockets you may reach up to or over 100...
But as you gain with top speed, your acceleration decreases...
Cheers,
Pascal

Latest posts

Back