Pit Pro 140xr Help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markfrazer89

Reaction score
Just bought this bike from the shop brand new, was already put together.
We managed to start it up after a while but sometimes cut off for no reason, and then the next day we just cant kick start it, tried kicking heaps of times with no success, is this normal for a brand new bike, or should it be starting alot easier...

did you contact the place where you got it? that would be the first thing you need to do.

Def not normal...

nah i havnt yet because, i dont know if its a problem or if i just dont know how to do it properly, its my first bike and i dont know much about them, is there any kind of technique i need to kick start them properly..
Is the choke button down or up do you know?

was there fuel in the bike already when you purchased it?
if there was then its probly been sitting for a bit and gone off which can also lead to a carby problem..(nothing serious tho)

on the bottom of the carb there should be a small flat blade screw, loosen it till fuel starts coming out and keep an eye on the colour cause it is is stale then you will see a colour change after a little bit..

tighten the screw back up when youve cleared it out and try to start it again..

as for the choke, there a thread on here that shows you which way the choke operates, different carby's have different operation.. but geberal rule is choke lever up for on and down for off..
http://www.miniriders.com.au/carby-tuning/25351-different-carby-types-chokes-idle-screws.html

on a side note, did the store you purchased it from even show you how to start the bike and show what was what on it.. pretty poor if they didnt

Yeah there was fuel in it, theres no flat head screw in there, but there is a guard running across the whole bottom of the bike, except for 1 hole which has a decent size bolt that the hole allows me to get to, maybe thats where i drain the fuel??

I just went over the bike again, and now for some reason theres 2 tubes where go to no where, a pretty fat one and a skinny one.

I cant see anywhere for them to go, but the skinny one goes to multiple places and at the very end of it where it goes no where smells like fuel and its leaked abit of fuel too. but i cant seem to find where it goes..

I just went over the bike again, and now for some reason theres 2 tubes where go to no where, a pretty fat one and a skinny one.

I cant see anywhere for them to go, but the skinny one goes to multiple places and at the very end of it where it goes no where smells like fuel and its leaked abit of fuel too. but i cant seem to find where it goes..

Sounds like the overflow pipe, its meant to go nowhere to allow the excess fuel somewhere to go...

Oh ok, im guessing thats the small one,

I managed to start the bike twice after like 10-20 kicks, but both times when its idleing for like a few seconds, it just cuts off.

Do you know which way the choke lever should be for it to be on? up or down..

I'm fairly sure the choke lever should be up same as my pitpro 125cc. Try both settings anyway and whichever makes it rev higher and start easier is the one you want. Once it starts let it idle on this setting with the choke on for a bout 5 mins then turn the choke off.

Hope this helps
Carlton

so should the bike be cutting off when the choke button is still on? because it takes like 20 kicks and heaps of effort just to get it started.
Its a brand new bike, so should it really be so hard to start?
lol

so should the bike be cutting off when the choke button is still on? because it takes like 20 kicks and heaps of effort just to get it started.
Its a brand new bike, so should it really be so hard to start?
lol

The choke is there to help the bike warm up and is only needed when the bike is cold. The bike should be easy as to start, yours sounds like there is something wrong. If I were you I would contact whoever you bought it from it's definitely not normal. When I got my pitpro the kick start had no compression whatsoever, I contacted pitpro and they paid for a new engine and the postage of me sending my engine back.

flooded matey

Its all good now, i think it was just that i had never started one before, but getting the hang of it now..
Now i gota get used to taking off lol, everytime i do it, i do abit of a wheelie.. kinda scary..haha is there some special way for me to take off smoothly or what?..

nice and smooth on the clutch will help you mate, and steady on the throttle..

dont just dump the clutch as soon as you feel the bike move..

so like just a little throttle and slowly release the clutch?
Should i lean forward abit aswell, im guessing that would help abit too..

How do people take off so fast where there back tire spins in the one spot and takes off real quick without doing a wheelie.. lol

so like just a little throttle and slowly release the clutch?
Should i lean forward abit aswell, im guessing that would help abit too..

How do people take off so fast where there back tire spins in the one spot and takes off real quick without doing a wheelie.. lol

In order to maintain both wheels on the ground while doing a fast take off requires the rider to shift his weight forward.

But I wouldn't worry about fast take offs and the like just yet. Practice smooth take offs and acceleration first. Once you get the hang of it all the other stuff will just come naturally.

Yeah ill stick with the basics, but is it even possible to take off reallly slow without stalling? or does it always have to be a certain amount of throttle to not stall..

Yeah ill stick with the basics, but is it even possible to take off reallly slow without stalling? or does it always have to be a certain amount of throttle to not stall..

nope, it all depends how fast you let the clutch out. you could have it reving off its tits and still take off slow

the bike should be idleing high enough to be able to roll with the clutch out and in gear
practice taking off with a little bit of revs and slow clutch release
once you get that down you can then practice clutch control and be able to take off without the throttle

it may seem silly but do a utube search on dirtbike riding tips

its possible. Just keep the throttle constant on medium revs and let the clutch of slowly. When you feel the bike start to move don't drop the clutch but continue to let the clutch off slowly.

Latest posts

Back