pit pro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi could anyone tell me wat could be wrong wif my pitpro140 bigfoot it happened 2 days ago n it wont start back up i was ridin it and i could only give it a quarter of the throttle or it would conk out nearly n didnt have any power if anyone one knows wat could be wrong drop me a line thanx
:confused:

yeah couple things need to be checked..

check your tank breather isnt blocked
change the cdi to a known working one.
clean carb out and inspect carb spacers for cracks

also check your valve clearances

after going through your described symptoms, and with your bike being a pitpro, i reckon the earth lead on the flux capacitor has come off... and the circuit between the electro bridge and the random force generator is only working intermittently... which would result in your bike conking out... you would also have no chance of hitting the required 88mph with the bike running in it's constant state..

Okay, so the above may be all lies...
Check the items listed by the other guys above, and if you can, post up a few slightly more specific details on what the bike is doing...
Was the bike set up properly, or did you put fuel in it, start it and ride down the street?
if so, perhaps have a look through the thread below, it might be helpful in making your bike a little more reliable long term...

Oh, and welcome to MiniRiders!!
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html

need a bit more info........

sounds like ur carby tho,, does it start back up after that?

yeah i got it started but in first right before u go up to second n threw all gears its got no more power n the fuel lines arnt blocked checked them

thanx for that i checked all the things n the spark plug isnt sparking but still starts n will ride for a while then will over heat
i changed the oil before first rode it when bought
nothin to do wif the fuel is wrong
i havent checked coil yet but sparks other plug
where is the earth lead on the flux capacitor

lol I see, forgot about that

the valve clearances ALWAYS need doing on n00bs bikes.

so are you saying it sparks, but then it overheats and doesn't spark anymore?
I had that problem, turned out to be the stator

no the spark plug dont make a spark at all but still starts n u ride it n then it will just stop then will start again in about 5 mins or more
how can i fix the where the spark plug goes in on me bike its threaded can i get the mechenic to just drill it out n put a helicoil in or do i need a new top end thing
im so new to fixin me bike i had a cr250 should of kept it

you're obviously not checking the spark properly, no spark = no engine start
you need to put the sparkplug up against the head when checking for spark

this should fill you in on the sparkplug thread, Repair Head Spark Plug Thread

valves:
I think this is the best video showing how to do it: YouTube - How to check valve timin on Honda 50 70 cc motors

here's a guide made by one of our members: http://www.miniriders.com.au/motor-tutorials/24965-how-set-valve-clearances-horizontal-engines.html

another good one: QingQi (Qlink) 200GY Illustrated Valve Adjustment - MyChinaMoto

after looking at all those guides you should have a pretty good idea of what you need to do, good luck

why did you go from a cr250 to a s#itpro bigfoot? talk about downgrading lol

no the spark plug wont spark but willl start the bike n u can ride it for about 10 15 mins the overheats n turns off n wont start but in that 15 mins the bike putts around back firing heaps n splatters alot but its only before u go to change gears

sound slike carby to me, my old atomik did the same thing

how long u had the biike for?

if the bike runs that means the spark plug is sparking....
try changing the cdi and make sure the coil has a good earth...

Latest posts

Back