Pitbike Backfiring and Power Loss

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuiltDiesel

Reaction score
Ok so my Pitbike is a 2011 Pitster Pro frame and a 2006 Pitster Pro 125 motor. I just swapped the motor on to a newer frame a while ago. But I was out riding my pitbike on some trails and such for about 45 minutes. Nothing major. No jumping, dropping thrashing. Just trails. As I was riding on the way back, out of the blue it starts backfiring, losing and regaining power. I've rode it many times before and never had this problem. But I just am puzzled. I've never really worked on a bike before so I have no idea what it is. I was wondering if someone could maybe help? Is it the carb? Do I need to clean it or mess with the fuel air mixture or anything? Please help..

Ok so my Pitbike is a 2011 Pitster Pro frame and a 2006 Pitster Pro 125 motor. I just swapped the motor on to a newer frame a while ago. But I was out riding my pitbike on some trails and such for about 45 minutes. Nothing major. No jumping, dropping thrashing. Just trails. As I was riding on the way back, out of the blue it starts backfiring, losing and regaining power. I've rode it many times before and never had this problem. But I just am puzzled. I've never really worked on a bike before so I have no idea what it is. I was wondering if someone could maybe help? Is it the carb? Do I need to clean it or mess with the fuel air mixture or anything? Please help..

Yeah dude it sounds like the carb. Clogged jet.

Do a search on the site and there are threads showing you how to clean your carb out.

Any problems let us know with pictures and help guide you through it.

Should be a pretty easy fix unless there is another underlying issue.

Is it possible that it coulda been the ground to the coil? When I went back to look at it, I noticed the ground was loose, when I went to move it, the eyelet that the ground wire was screwed to, broke off. Could that have been what caused it?

Is it possible that it coulda been the ground to the coil? When I went back to look at it, I noticed the ground was loose, when I went to move it, the eyelet that the ground wire was screwed to, broke off. Could that have been what caused it?

YES, that could have been the issue, tighten/fix it and try again.:laughing-smiley-002

Latest posts

Back