Pitbike possible fix?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vadyha_adamov

Reaction score
Hey, new to the forum and pitbikes, bought a used ssr 110 4speed manual. Changed all wiring and put a new carb on. Started it today, ran fine then it died while i was driving and now wont start.
I pulled the spark plug and the top was a bit white instead of brown. I think i might have left the bike on choke while driving? So a few questions of mine is should the intake valve (i think thats what its called) be open or closed for choke? And what are your thoughts on the possible fix.
Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Quick update on my progress: figured out that choke is when the flap is closed, and did a spark check and im getting no spark so im guessing that i need a new spark plug? (all wiring and box is new so its not that) i did clean the spark plug with carb cleaner but still no spark, will try to pick a new one up when im not going to be busy and ill keep posting ny progress. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Replace the spark plug with an NGK C7HSA

Have you replaced the stator ?
If so the pick coil that mount's to the rear of the flywheel might need adjusting
It need's to be very close to the tab on the flywheel,
Loosen the 2x screw's holding the coil to the stator backing plate, set it so you can just fit a business card in between the pickup and tab on the flywheel

Double check your main harness green earth wire is going to clean/bare metal on the frame, same with the coil mounting, smear some grease there to stop it rusting.

When you are kicking it over is the spark plug getting wet with fuel ?

Latest posts

Back