Pitbike REC REG LED lighting kits for sale

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BananaMan

Reaction score
Hi Guys, been a fan of the site for a while so i thought i'd sign up.
I have heard a lot of guys asking about lighting kits so you can get REC REGO on a pitbike, i could'nt get any help either so i have made a kit up myself and thought others might be interested.
It contains 3 led's in a billet aluminium headlight that i machined up myself, is very small and lightweight and 1 dull red led and 2 high bright led's in the plastic tail lens for stop and tail lights.
There is a small electric circuit that controlls all this and best thing is it will run straight from the magneto or from a battery, i have an AGB 29 140cc and it works like a charm.
I can supply pics if anyone is interested.
Contact me either on here or via email if you are interested in one of these kits.
Pete

hey mate i ride a agb29 myself could you put up some picks of the lights on the bike to give us an idea of what it looks like, seems like a good idea well done:)

yeh, i would love to see this.

post some pics up

headlight2.jpg

stop_tail_light2.jpg

ok now i mean business,
as i said earlier, its a very neat and compact setup, the headlight dont give a huge ammount of light but its enough for rec reg.

sorry mate, i'm not trying to push these lights on anyone.
i know people want to rec reg pit bikes and i think i can supply a good product a lot cheaper than most bike stores, thats all.

i recon $20, iv seen these Kits at rebel sport that have a little led torch with a bar clamp atached that just clamp onto your handle bars and a little red alil light. im pretty sure there ment for pushbikes but i dont see why you couldne use it for a dirtbike. although i guess you need a brake light?

anyways i dont think you can get rec reg in SA anyway (sigh)

i know people want to rec reg pit bikes and i think i can supply a good product a lot cheaper than most bike stores, thats all.

appreciate the thought mate. to give you a rough price range to ask for, add up what it basically costs you to produce the product..led's, alloy for brackets, lenses, wires, switch, add the labor cost in, shipping, printing of instructions, then its possible to throw a dollar amount onto your total(within reason) and hope they sell..

as an example..per set

LED's(5000 candle power) 3 led setup $6.00
rear (1000 candlepower) 2 led setup $2.50
wire 15amp including connections $5.00
switch non illuminated $3.00
brackets front and rear $6.00
labor cost $10.00
printing of instructions $.20c
postage $3.00

now i havent included the cost of resistors, capacitors solder, etc and have just GUESSED all prices as to give you the rough idea..

so them totals add to 33.20.. a UFO front shroud is aprox $90-100 and gives off GOOD frontal light. if you could do them as a kit both front and rear including all required loom, connectors, switches etc. i think a $30 price tag would be a reasonable GUESStimate...
others may think otherwise, but you asked for an opinion, thats mine.. or how if i were you i would work out the asking price...

if they are powered off a seperate source(9volt battery-think smoke alarm)then i think people may be more interested in a hard wired version...

i personally thought that they were way to expensive.. there on ebay for $160. doesnt cost that much to make.

Ok well i guess we have very different pricing books.
the headlight alone is CNC machined to make is as compact yet functional as possible, it takes about 2 hours to produce and i know my boss charges my time out at $90 an hour to customers. The only reason i can supply these is that i make them in my own time. the rear lens is made by Narva and costs about $15 by itself, not to mention the cost of the parts in the power inverter circuit and the time it takes me to put that togeather. I know that these kits sell in shops for $260+ so if what i'm asking is not a reasonable price then i dont know what is.

lighting kits for rec rego

Hi, i have a Honda CR 85 which I want to get rec. rego on. Would your light kit work on this. I have seen a kit at the local pit bike shop which listed that it would work on a CR 85 so I guess it has a generator of some sort. but it was much too much money . looking to spend say up to $100.

Does anyone else know of a cheap way to set up l. It only has to worj long enough to pass rego as I am sure it wont be of any benefit in actually riding.

yeah mate it probably would work, as long as you have some voltage output coming from the engine. pm me and i can give you details of how to check.

might as well get this thread happening again, as i have said previously i can supply these led REC REG kits to anyone who wants them, i have mastered the circuit now and it works 100% all the time.

i have fitted them to atomik prox's, smaller atomik's and a cheap china bike. all working perfectly.

i have parts here left over that i bought months ago and might as well get rid of them, if anyone wants a kit for their pitty get in touch with me and i'll hook you up, and if your in melb i can even help you hook it up.

RecRegKit

Hi Guys, been a fan of the site for a while so i thought i'd sign up.
I have heard a lot of guys asking about lighting kits so you can get REC REGO on a pitbike, i could'nt get any help either so i have made a kit up myself and thought others might be interested.
It contains 3 led's in a billet aluminium headlight that i machined up myself, is very small and lightweight and 1 dull red led and 2 high bright led's in the plastic tail lens for stop and tail lights.
There is a small electric circuit that controlls all this and best thing is it will run straight from the magneto or from a battery, i have an AGB 29 140cc and it works like a charm.
I can supply pics if anyone is interested.
Contact me either on here or via email if you are interested in one of these kits.
Pete

Hi Pete, I am Interested in your Rec Reg Kits. Email back - [email protected]

Kind Regards, Reece.

Latest posts

Back