Pitbike shootout

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themountain

Reaction score
What about the shootout a australian mag made??? Any dirty secrets before it gets printed??:D
Hey ...spill the beans ...what bikes were tested???:confused:

we have been trying to get them to cough up in the admin forum, but all seem to be tight lipped untill the mag come out in DEC :(

DANG...force them ...bribe them...do what ever is needed:D

I've been sworn to secrecy mountain ..... however I think my next bike is an lxr he said knowingly ;)

hmm. subtle right there... lol.... sounds like the child of the revolution hath been borne... :D

I've been sworn to secrecy mountain ..... however I think my next bike is an lxr he said knowingly ;)
Thats not eexactly what I liked to hear , but anyway thanks ,brother:D
was it only a test among midsize bikes??

As I've said before mountain ... races I've seen were held on natural terrain MX tracks (natural jumps , sandy loam , loose dirt on hard pack , ruts etc etc) ... and the Pitsters ruled by miles ... 12/10 and 10/10 bikes are a joke to watch over here ... I felt embarrassed for the riders in some cases ... LOL ... They're merely "novelty" races ... We need machines with the correct feel and geometry that can be ridden at high speeds and handle ANY type of terrain just like a big MX bike ... anything LESS is inferior ...

Thats not eexactly what I liked to hear , but anyway thanks ,brother:D
was it only a test among midsize bikes??

As Cooly said turn out was a little dissapointing ....

As a result mainly midsize were tested mate ... 2 crusty demons mini's were tested but as Cooly said I didn't ride em because I was flat out walking ..... Of interest was was crusty's intention to offer 12 month warranty on their bikes by encouraging and educating crew on importance of set up, maintenance and using dealers and chosen bike stores to do the work ..... which I'm sure you'll agree will be an interesting excercise for em to say the least.
Good luck to them though I say a step in the right direction but maybe a little large ? ... time will tell but I wish em all the best :cool:.

As I've said before mountain ... races I've seen were held on natural terrain MX tracks (natural jumps , sandy loam , loose dirt on hard pack , ruts etc etc) ... and the Pitsters ruled by miles ... 12/10 and 10/10 bikes are a joke to watch over here ... I felt embarrassed for the riders in some cases ... LOL ... They're merely "novelty" races ... We need machines with the correct feel and geometry that can be ridden at high speeds and handle ANY type of terrain just like a big MX bike ... anything LESS is inferior ...

Totally agree mate, I'm yet to ride one but after watching em go around at Kurri Kurri and Reefy's I reckon the linkage setup allows the bike to track better and hook up faster ... I'm a fan because this a HANDLING imrovement and I think too much development lately has been a somewhat blind grab for horseower which will only take you so far without the necessary imrovments in handling which logic dictates should go hand in hand in the race for speed.

So yes I think the lnkage set up is here to stay and all midsize bikes will be running em ... in a few years bikes without it will be called " pre linkage " and most will accept this is indeed inferior

JMO :cool:

Last edited:

sorry Jack . but I can^t feel you in that department:cool:...if I want to go with an MX bike I go with my KXF250....but pitbiking is NOT 14 inch for me ...its tight tracks , twitchy handling and above all NO LINKAGE!!
...and there should be a 150cc limit worldwide:p

With one of this midsize things every douch can ride fast....my two cents;)

Last edited:
some one must be able to tell us what bikes were there and did any break or have any major problems?

sorry jack . But i can^t feel you in that department:cool:...if i want to go with an mx bike i go with my kxy250....but pitbiking is not 14 inch for me ...its tight tracks , twitchy handling and above all no linkage!!
...and there should be a 150cc limit worldwide:p

with one of this midsize things every douch can ride fast....my two cents;)

kxy250??????

We have 12/10 and 10/10 classes ... but they're mainly impressive to the people who grew up on small wheeled 50's and are finding it hard to let go of their teen "Twilight" years ...

Fast50's racing (modded CRF 50's) burnt out pretty quickly in our state due to a lack of support since there's very few if ANY tracks built specifically for pit bikes ... So the majority of enthusiasts have to race on MX tracks or natural terrain which better suits bigger diameter wheels ...

The bike HAS to be built to suit the track ... whether you like it or not ... otherwise you go SLOWER ...

The roughness of the tracks makes going fast not such an easy feat ... so not any "Douche bag" can go as fast as the top guys ... You have to be a skilled rider to go as fast as they do ... and from what I saw (Last year) their engines appeared to have stock head and cylinder castings ...

I agree that the CC capacity and carb size should be limited and also the stock engine castings should be required to be used in "stock" classes to make the racing fair for all ... but handling comes under SAFETY ...

Small wheeled bikes are similar to attempting to race Morris Mini Minors or Fiat 850's on a rally track or natural off road course that suits 4wd's with bigger wheels ... I'm sure Mr Bean types would be in their element though ... LOL ...

Small wheeled bikes are similar to attempting to race Morris Mini Minors or Fiat 850's on a rally track or natural off road course that suits 4wd's with bigger wheels ... I'm sure Mr Bean types would be in their element though ... LOL ...

well ..adults , even on midsized bikes , look dodgy, no matter what.....the safety issue is legit ,I give you that, but I plain do not like pitbikes with wheels bigger then 12"...period!:p

Latest posts

Back