Pitpro 140 LE Motard Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hilli32

2014 VCM A Grade Champion
Reaction score
so my dad picked up a brand new Pitpro 140 LE today and were doing it up for motard
all the basics like
wheels
catch cans
Hopefully a sticker kit
a race head if its needed
alloy frame if this one starts flexing

i will keep you guys updated as it goes no pics of it as yet
large-pitpro-140le-website-main1.jpg

dont no anything except it is in my dads lounge room and hes putting it together :)

Last edited:
Sweet! you will need a new head for racing if you want to get anywhere near Tristan.

you'll have to bring it to Dandenong on Wednesday nights for its maiden run. Then go nuts for a day at Warny. are you planning on having it ready for the next warny day?

are you going to use the wheels and tyres off your Pitser Pro?
WarnyAllIn026.jpg

na we took those wheels back they were to heavy and never going to work :[
um i dont no if it will be ready probably not i have that orange thing lined up again at the moment. dad said he was mucking with wheels so who nos i hope i ride it :)
even with a bloody V8 i wouldnt keep up with tristan LOL

i reckon with some good practice and your new bike with some good tyres you'd be in with a place. i imagine your race craft is embedded in you from your MotoX.

dont expect to use the rear brake on the orange thing after my stack last time. when i get some brakes that work ill bring my new motard to Warny which should be good on an open track.

what wheel did Wayne get? just get those Ebay ones for $235 with slick tyres. they go pretty good and those tyres are fast in the winter.

idk what wheels he got just have to wait and see when i get there tommorrow night :)
hopefully i will get that good some day ha ha

Yell out if your going to sell the standard wheels off the pitpro ?

yeah i will think about it but i think we might put a slick on that back wheel

you could do that but what are you going to do about the front? usually you can only buy the motard wheels as a set.

a tyre will fit on the back rim. that is what Rod on the blue bike with red and white leathers had on. it makes the tyre a funny shape as the rim is only 1.85 wide and not 2.5 or 3.0 for motard.

^^ dhz sell the spoked motard rims individually, and yeah them psto rims weigh a tonn but comparing them to the dhz billets they are alot 'harder'

you could do that but what are you going to do about the front? usually you can only buy the motard wheels as a set.

a tyre will fit on the back rim. that is what Rod on the blue bike with red and white leathers had on. it makes the tyre a funny shape as the rim is only 1.85 wide and not 2.5 or 3.0 for motard.
yeah i think the plan is to put half treaded tyers on these wheels for wet
and when i get better/ need it we will get a set of proper wheels with full good slicks
i think lol

ok so we put the bike together last night and this morning
all was good except the front wheel :(
0611111023-00.jpg

We couldn't get one of the captured disc bolts out of the stock Pitpro wheel and it was hitting on the fork leg so we tried to grind some of the fork. this worked but then it hit on the calliper.
0611111024-00.jpg

so after scratching our heads for a while dad remembered something he thought last night. Drill through the centre to relive it. IT worked!!
dad got squarty cos the fork guard was rubbing on the wheel so out with the trusty grinder again and that was fixed
0611111304-01.jpg

the wheels are in and after dad demanded he has first go LOL we tested/ ran it in up and down the road.
0611111247-00.jpg

0611111307-03.jpg

good work mate!!!! that bike is going to bring you alot of fun. those brakes are wicked arent they. one thing to be careful is i notice you have the chinese copy folding levers. just dont drop the bike on its maiden voyage as you will be packing up to go home as those snap like honeycomb.

the 140 has a fair bit more torque than the bike you rode a t warny doesn't it. i think you'll find it will valve bounce when pinned on the straight. but that wont matter.......just ride the thing i say.

we'll have to get your dad on the track as well.

lookin good as mate!im keen as to get a set motards on my 88,where abouts can you go tardin in vic?i know you can at south morang but did i read somewhere there not happy with bikes anymore?

you can ride at south morang on the week day after 12. but call first. last time we called they said yes if you can get 20 riders. so we need to organise every one. we rode Phillip Island for the Aus titles this year as well.

we ride at Dandenong every Wednesday night and Warrnambool once a month. there is also Stony creek when they get there drainage sorted out.

get some tyres on and get out there

i should hopefully be in tard mode by late july,so you cant ride on the weekends at southo?bit hard for me to go durin the week cos i work til 5 everyday,any of you guys up near wallan?

well you can go on the weekend but you have to organise alot of mates. what every you do dont just rock up and expect to ride or go buy yourself. it will wreck the relationship we have with them.

have a look in this section of the supermoto forum and go when these guys go. they do it the right way.

Track Days & Racing - SupermotoAus

took her out for her maiden run at warnambool yesterday and was so stoked on the power straight out of the box. i was pulling away from some worked 140 :)
dad decided he would have a go and he was having a good old time till he crashed on the corner before the straight ha ha surprisingly nothing broke but he bent the bars pretty bad. he hurt his arm but with some incuragment he was back out on the track.
at one stage when i was riding it started smoking and spewing oil out we thought it was game over :I
the bot that holds the camshaft cover on had snapped and was useless (stupid china men having to much rice and doing things up to tight) luckily we got the bolt and cover off that orange thing and she went fine for the rest of the day. i think together we put a good 2-3 hours on the motor so an oil change is the go :)

so a set of bars is needed and levers because they are very sharp any ways.
i think the forks need too be stiffened and the front end lower

Good work.

Your dad and I would get on very well indeed with his creative use of the humble grinder.

I may have to steer him towards "the wonderful world of grinders" forum.

logic

Latest posts

Back