Pitpro 140 LE (take 2)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep 85 is going hard. need the front suspension done and some PMT's and its the best it can be. saw your moriwaki MD250 is for sale. is it 600 time?

Ringo we might have to name this thing black betty.

Ok so after riding this bike and experiencing its handling over the KTM, I've decided to take it to the next level and get another bike to lend to others.

So this is what happened this morning:

engineout.jpg

engineout2.jpg

Needless to say, this is now for sale... Offers??

enginemb.jpg

YX140 with no more than 2 hours (1 track day) on it, changed the oil after a couple of heat cycles and about 25-30 minutes work:

Last edited:
Damn dude, thats awesome. Great commitment too. We really need it to get the mini scene back up and going

Just got a delivery!!!! woot woot!!!

Ooooo, carby, aircleaner, manual:

engboxopen.jpg

There she is...... Wrong colour for this bike though, oh well will have to sort that out before she goes in!!!

trexr.jpg

Yeah, I want to run the engine stock first so when I make changes I know if they worked or not. I see I can get the +1.5hp cam for 90 bucks!! I'll get that later along with the hi-comp piston I think. And tickle the head!!

I'm having troubles loading photo's atm, but I fitted up the twin oil coolers last night and they look sweet!! Only problem is the long oil lines are 8mm banjo at one end and 10mm at the other, all of the oil cooler threads are 10mm and the daytona engine has 10mm banjo's at the oil galleries, I'm assuming the the lxr's these are made for have 8mm threads at the engine?? The outside diameter on the banjo's is the same so it looks like a 10mm drill bit may fix the problem... I hope. LOL.

I'll load more pics when I resolve that problem!!

The 26mm OKO is on although this had to be mounted on a slight angle or it fouls with the frame rail. I hope the carby bowl fiils enough not to starve due to the angle the carb is on. I may need to look for a different intake manifold.

Drill job on the oil cooler hoses was a success!! I'll ensure the hoses and coolers are free from any muck by cleaning them out with some fuel and leaving to dry for a while before fitting them up permanent tonight. Hopefully this is the last of the issues for this engine transplant??? With a bit of luck I can fire it up tonight and test tomorrow night and Saturday before racing Sunday!!!

Yeah cheers racer, that was lucky!!

I got the twin oil coolers plumbed up last night, sorted all the wiring, mounted the CDI up the front with the map wires facing up so I can change the maps easily. By the time it was start time it was getting late so as soon as it fired into life I had to shut it down :(

I'll race home tonight to arc it up and get it up to temp and recheck for leaks, maybe head down to our test track for a couple of laps/heat cycles so I can drain the oil out.

Obligatory pics:

picture001zl.jpg

picture003pw.jpg

picture009cs.jpg

picture011dr.jpg

I hope so timeeh, on paper (and that's all it is... on paper) the 140 has 12hp and the daytona 19hp?? In reality I'd say these engines are probably more like 10hp and 17hp, but anyway the claims are over 1.5 times better power if both engine manufacturers are BSing!!! I can't wait to open it up and see how it pulls compared to the little 140, I reckon a little more rear spring preload may be in order because the rear is going to squat harder if this thing pulls as good as they claim.

I'm really happy with the twin oil coolers, makes it look like a watercooled japa!!!!

They do look tidy, where abouts did you get them from?

EDIT: Just found em.... At that price, i'll wait for a bigger (more expensive) enigine in mine :)

Last edited:
Oh good, yeah at dhz but they weren't black?? I've got a painting problem!!!

After reading the Daytona manual online and seeing them mention engine temp 3 times in the manual I thought I'd better fit something better than the crappy gold billet item that came standard on the 140 motor. Maybe later on I'll get the daytona temp gauge kit...... maybe, it's pricey!!! It'll be fine this time of year but Perth gets damn hot in summer and I may have to monitor it more closely then.

I had to modify the mounts to turn the coolers that way round, they came with 90* brackets and would've been sideways if I'd mounted them as they were. So bent the mounts flat and cut the hell out of them!!! I didn't have time to paint them so I'll do that later on.

Last edited:
Wow sick as man, you work fast!!!! Looks the goods atm

as for the carby adaptor plate, turns out I still have it lol - I shoulda let you know before you ordered and woulda sent it for next to nothing, all good though DHZ has a pretty good price anyhow!

Last edited:
Fitted the +1.5hp cam on the weekend, man it goe heaps better. Both cams side by side on the bench were noticably different, so they should be I suppose when one is 240* duration and the other 268* LOL. Later on connected the wiring on the cdi to map 3 and it is now starting to pull in the same relm as the ktm, maybe just??

Latest posts

Back