Pitpro 140 to 125??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

havik_racing

Reaction score
Hey guys my pitpro 140 is on its last legs, Being abit financially strapped at the moment i have picked up 2 125 pitbikes which arent running off a mate for free, one of them has been sunk and the other i'm not to sure about, But he's certain i can make 1 out of the 2 go

So my question is, i dont really have the $ at the moment to replace the rings,piston,top end gasket kit and hone the cylinder on the 140...so if i was to get one of these pitbikes running..is it possible and how hard would it be to to put the 125 motor in the pitpro 140?

was told by a mate that the 140 has a more heavy duty frame and swingarm over the 125?i'd prefer to drop the 125 in the 140 as my 140 has bigger wheels (17inch i think?)

If this would be really hard to replace would my 17inch wheels fit on the 125's?do you guys also think the USD forks on the 125's would interchange with the ones on my 140? (blown both seals on the 140 hehe)

Thanks for all your suggestions

Hey guys my pitpro 140 is on its last legs, Being abit financially strapped at the moment i have picked up 2 125 pitbikes which arent running off a mate for free, one of them has been sunk and the other i'm not to sure about, But he's certain i can make 1 out of the 2 go

So my question is, i dont really have the $ at the moment to replace the rings,piston,top end gasket kit and hone the cylinder on the 140...so if i was to get one of these pitbikes running..is it possible and how hard would it be to to put the 125 motor in the pitpro 140?

was told by a mate that the 140 has a more heavy duty frame and swingarm over the 125?i'd prefer to drop the 125 in the 140 as my 140 has bigger wheels (17inch i think?)

If this would be really hard to replace would my 17inch wheels fit on the 125's?do you guys also think the USD forks on the 125's would interchange with the ones on my 140? (blown both seals on the 140 hehe)

Thanks for all your suggestions

The 125 should go straight into the PP frame without to many, if any problems. Id just do that until you could afford to rebuild your 140

Thanks mate,what do you think about the forks?

i also just noticed that the 125's dont have oil coolers..is it safe to remove it from the 140or can it go in somehow ? Thanks again

Thanks mate,what do you think about the forks?

i also just noticed that the 125's dont have oil coolers..is it safe to remove it from the 140or can it go in somehow ? Thanks again

Forks should fit, depending on lengths. If there the same length then they should.

Oil cooler can be fitted to the 125 easy enough, you will just need (depending on engine) an adapter plate like the below link.

Pit Bike OIL COOLER ADAPTER PLATE CRF50 ATC70 SDG OC05 - eBay (item 380262107383 end time Mar-21-11 16:25:29 PDT)

What sort are the 125's?

Maybe a few pics too mate..

If you don't have the $$$ to spend on parts you can run the 125 without a cooler... most of my friends 125's don't have coolers and they never have problems

well that's what i thought to, but if its cheap to do then why not? sure guys ill line all 3 bikes up tomorrow and and take a few piccies.... just had a quick look now both of them are lifan motors...same as my 140 i think?

looking at the 140 and the 2 125's the USD's seem smaller than the 140 which is a bugger, but i think small wheel deals offered me a good price on a set which i'll probably grab,

putting the 125 onto the 140, will i loose much power?obviously i wont get as much top speed, but thats ok never get to open her up fully where we go,

i'll put some pics up tomorrow and go from there, thanks:)

if your 140 has a cast iron barrel then it is a lifan 140, the oil cooler hoses will attach to the clutch cover and the r/h center case.
if it has an alloy barrel then its a yx140, the yx140 with also have a head adapter to run an oil cooler.
if you have this engine then you should be able to put the head adapter on the 125 to run the cooler..

Latest posts

Back