PitPro 140 transformation....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mini-gee

Reaction score
aiight i,ve got my pitpro140xr an the engine is gettin a bit tired n clunky and front forks are stuffed.
i was thinkin of goin all out n buying a rev mx or cxz 175 but for the riding i do and the ammount of it i'm thinkin i just might do some upgrades to the shytpro.

Ideas i have are:
GPX F/Forks
160HO Engine
Pro Tapers
sprocket set-up
DID Chain
R/Brake Upgrade

will only cost half the price of the mentioned purchase bikes and will utilise my existing bike which would be worth stuff all if i had a new bike.

What yas think??

approx 1400 your spending there (including an exhaust you haven't listed) and a further 120 or so for a carby upgrade to an oko 26mm if needed.. not including freight..

thats what your bike probly cost to purchase and at the end of the day for resale it will still only be worth 800 to 1000.

for an extra maybe 500 or 600 you could probly grab a revmv or for 1750 you could get the new DHZ crf70 style outlaw 160R...

lots of options lol..

Since your in Vic if you come to the VMR ride day in feb at Broady I'm sure if you come over and have a chat to us we can point you eddies way(owner of ciniworx). For MR members he does them for $2290 the cxz175. Amazing after sales sevices and well the linkage and 175 motors are more then worth it!

You're more then welcome to give my cxz175 a spin on the ride day... so long as your not like all the other boys and to scared to ride a pink bike! It's pretty much stock besides the rear spring. But if you do want to do work to your bike even have a chat to Eddie about parts! Never know he could sort you something else out cheaper!

mmmm thanks sean01, couple of things i was forgetting about there. good point rach i have been in touch with ciniworx about bikes but as sean01 said too many options and not enough money! haha.
i do like the cx175 and i may just take u up on that offer of a ride rach.....i'll have my shytpro in (half)action. and look forward to the ride day.

oh one other thing what ur opinions on a FMR Expert? its got a new zongshen 140 in it, adjustable shocks and cnc stuff. Found one for sale wondering if that may be an option...

Hey mate
as far as that FMR expert your looking at:

FMR EXPERT 140CC RACE PIT BIKE IN A1 CONDITION (eBay item 200563331142 end time 14-Jan-11 09:31:06 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

I don't think its a worthwhile upgrade. Although it may have a few extra goodies on the whole I think it will be too similar to your current bike... but if you feel differnently please don't let my opinion stop you from doing what you think is best..

From the parts list that you posted earlier I see that you are after a bike that both performs better both engine and suspension wise as wellas have decent durability. As others have listed earlier the cini's and the dhz are worthwhile bikes. Buying individual parts and building up a bike might seem to be a good idea but as I've found out it starts to add up and buying a whole bike is a worthwhile deal.

Keep checking ebay for second hand bikes and I guarentee some nice deals will pop up....

some bikes I recommend are here, and remember give the guys selling an offer on the bike before it sells or if it doesn't sell and most of the time the will cut the price down. Its worked for me plenty of times :)

motovert pro, 150cc, elka rear shock, marzocchi forks (eBay item 270689767179 end time 15-Jan-11 20:57:01 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back