PitPro 140cc bigfoot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davis

Reaction score
Ok hi everyone just got my Pitpro 140cc bigfoot up and running after cleaning out the jets which is why it was stalling when i opened the throttle. Im not sure how much messing around the previous owner did with the screws and adjustment because they didnt know what they were doing when they were trying to get the bike running. Basically the bike has never been ridden and only started a couple of times so i wanted to find out how many turns out the screws should be on a mikuni 30mm carb which this bike has. there is one screw on the bottom the carb near the fuel bowl and another on the side of the carb, which screw does what and does anyone know some base settings that i should try? Any help would be appriecated.

bottom screw is air/fuel and the other one is idle speed.
it's a pain to tune the mikuni's because the a/f screw is under the carb, but around 1.5 to 2 turns from screwed all the way in seems to be a good starting point.
as for idle, start your bike let it idle away, and when its warmed up a little set the idle speed.
either turn it in to raise the idle, if it's too low screw it out to lower your idle.
hope that helps mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep thanks just changed the spark plug to a better quality one and now the bike doesnt bog down when i apply some throttle, just wondering the bike is basically brand new and previous owner only had it running for about 5mins. After a few runs today i noticed some white smoke coming out the exhaust when i stopped and turned the bike off. Is this just because its never been running before or is it because the air/fuel is to lean?

the white smoke could be a few things,
still newish, and might have some oil in the pipe.
crankcase vent hose at the back of the engine might be blocked/kinked
or possibly it is over full with oil

Cool, dont think its over full with oil but i will check again tomorrow, as for the crankcase vent hose where abouts do i find that on the engine is it towards the rear of the engine somewhere and where does the hose go might make it easier for me to find.

it is on the rear of the engine, behind the engine top mount
it is just a breather so doesn't go anywhere

images

Ill have a look at the crankcase vent hose, and ill double check the oil but i only just put new oil in the engine and checked it so i dont think that it is over full not according to the dipstick anyways.

Latest posts

Back