Pitpro 150 LE ??

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastMarty

Reaction score
Hey all...

Still deciding on a bike. I like the idea of the DHZ Outlaw 160r, and plan to do the Enduro loops at QMP and get racing when I get up to speed with skills n all, but just saw the Pitpro 150 LE with the Lifan Race engine. PitPro 150cc LE 14-12 | PitPro Dirt Bikes Australia's Largest Online Pitbike Store

U reckon its better or as good as the Outlaw 160R?? I can't find out much on the suspension, the shock looks about the same as the DHZ, but not sure if the forks are as good as the Black labels on the DHZ.

Any thoughts??

Save a couple of hundred bucks?

I like the fact you get a pit tent with it lol They will throw anything in to get a sale these days.

DHZ have the pitster pro x4r 160 on sale at the moment that might be something to look into I think you save something like 500 bucks.
If it where me and I could do it all again I would not buy a PITPRO I have had nothing but trouble with it.
But that is just me and I might have got a lemon.

Dom

I like the fact you get a pit tent with it lol They will throw anything in to get a sale these days.

DHZ have the pitster pro x4r 160 on sale at the moment that might be something to look into I think you save something like 500 bucks.
If it where me and I could do it all again I would not buy a PITPRO I have had nothing but trouble with it.
But that is just me and I might have got a lemon.

Dom

Cheers mate... Dunno on the X4R hey, everyone keeps saying that, but, It looks to have lesser goodly suspenders than the DHZ, and even at the sale price, I'd go the DHZ. And it looks cooler. X4R looks bland to me...

Sorry to hear u havin' probs with your PP. Engine or other issues? Cos aren't the Lifan 150's meant to be pretty bullet proof?

Cheers mate... Dunno on the X4R hey, everyone keeps saying that, but, It looks to have lesser goodly suspenders than the DHZ, and even at the sale price, I'd go the DHZ. And it looks cooler. X4R looks bland to me...

Sorry to hear u havin' probs with your PP. Engine or other issues? Cos aren't the Lifan 150's meant to be pretty bullet proof?

Carbie issues are the main thing. Bolts holding the sprocket on came lose after putting locktite on them and hit the swing arm and ripped my hub apart. Honestly the list could go on and on.
I am a fan of all the DHZ bikes and the guys up there are great and always willing to help even though I did not buy my bike from them. They always help me out with parts and very quick service to.

Hey dude, I know for a fact that the Outlaw 160 will be the one for you mate. I ride the enduros at QMP on my built 70 style and boy is it fun. I am using the outlaw 160 frame and its awesome geometry providing stable riding and a comfy seating position. DHZ customer support is aweseom too!!!

Thanks Carlts. I figured as much. Guess I'm getting impatient cos I don't quite have enough dough yet for the 160R ... And all these other bikes are looking at me saying"buy me!" I'm cheapa!! Heheheh might be riding in blunnies and old jeans for a bit!

Yer, keep at the saving man. It will be well worth when you get a bike and you don;t have to worry about needlessly fixing it all the time!!

Guys, I just went to my local mini shop, and they are a DHZ dealer, who, not suprisingly, know nothing about any of the bikes... but, I got to sit on and play with an LXR and the X4R Pitsterpro's.

Well, thing is, I looooooooooooooved the LXR ergos, and hated the X4R's. Does anyone know if the Outlaw 160R is similar to the LXR or the X4R?

Thanks DHZ, Good to know. U are right though, cos I have taken the liberty of doing a overlay of the LXR and the Outlaw (which are very similar in their Ergo's) and the X4R and the Outlaw (which, have very different ergos). Something for the others thinking of buying a X4R... Ergos are weird, and the bike feels very small and low. I hope the Outlaw really is similar to the LXR, cos I love the feel of that bike!

LXROutlaw160-1.jpg
X4ROutlaw160.jpg

I dont think the LXR and the outlaw are anything similar to ride. Very different to be honest.
I have ridden all 3 bikes your talking about. The LXR and the outlaw I have owned and ridden alot.
I like the Outlaw for trail riding and flat track or wet conditions.
I like the LXR for the rough stuff.
The X4R i rode was not set up for me so didnt handle very well but It was closer to the Outlaw than the LXR in ergo's.
I think these 3 bikes are in a different league to the Pitpro.

This is just my opinion.

Oh man... now I'm all confused again... wish i could see them all in the same room at once! ;) My photo overlay, shows that the Outlaw and the LXR, are, quite similar in the tank height, seat ht, and bar to seat and tank relationship.
Whereas the X4R is down in the arse, and the tank is sat quite low.... which is how it felt when i sat on it and the LXR today. So you are saying that the Outlaw is more similar to the X4R in the ergos, then some how the photo overlays must be wrong?
And yes... the PP is no longer an option for me.

Pitty I can't afford a LXR, cos it felt so good.

Marty, with what your looking at, I would definitely be working out a way to get onto the LXR, or even a PSTO. Very similar bike. Can be had for just over $2000 from what I have seen. They are physically a bigger bike, and feel a lot more "natural" to ride. Also, if you want to ride the trails at QMP, make sure you have heavy duty tubes. I was worried about getting a flat on a big bike. Would be much worse on a mini. Keep us updated on how you go.

Latest posts

Back