Pitpro 150XR Mystery Oil Leak

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven

Reaction score
So I purchased a Pitpro 150XR sometime in October and so far so good.

The story goes I took it for a ride last night to run it in before Saturday's Meet & Greet and everything was fine until I got back and let the bike sit after I hit the killswitch.

I noticed a lot of engine oil dripping onto the cement, yet couldnt pinpoint exactly where this was coming from.

The bike needed an oil change anyway, so the new oil filter was fitted up and the old crappy oil drained (surprise surprise it only had 600ml in it from new!), and filled it back up.

So I let it sit overnight as you do and went out to the shed after work today and there was a fair amount of oil all over the floor.

It seemed to be coming from the engine case join above the bash plate and just past the drain plug, so I tightened the bolts that pass through the casing around about a full turn each!

I left it for about 4 hours tonight and went back outside and there is only a small amount of oil on the ground, which seems to be dripping off the chain guide near the rear sprocket and yes, its engine oil.

So from experience, does anyone know exactly where these bikes commonly leak from and where I could check as I cant visually see any signs of leaking oil.

Cheers
Mick

iv never really seen them leak oil, specially from new...

maybe a few pics might help on some comments...

I just washed the bike after the ride day today, I'll keep an eye on it in the next few days since its squeaky clean and see if its still leaking and take some unhapy snaps then.

drain bolt tight?

cam chain tensioner bolt tight?

all engine casing bolts tight?

drain bolt tight? tick

cam chain tensioner bolt tight? not sure

all engine casing bolts tight? tick

Initially thought that the engine case was where it was coming from as I could get almost a whole turn out of each of the bolts.

But then I left it for 4 or so hours and come back out to the bike and a few little drips were still on the floor.

When I can walk properly again and bend my right knee properly without wincing in pain, I'll have a look at that cam chain tensioner bolt.

Cheers for the heads up!

yer my cam tenioner bolt was leaking too, but the i didnt put that washer back in, but since puting in, no more leak for me

Just had a quick look and no oil leaks at present.

The bike has been sitting for about 10 hours so maybe the smaller drips after tightening the engine casing bolts were just excess run-off from the previous leak.

Latest posts

Back