Pitpro 50 Review

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qaztarmas

Reaction score
Hi, this is my review on my pitpro 50. It has nearly 8 hours on it so I decided to review it for anyone who is wishing to purchase one of these bikes. Note: I probably put this in the wrong section. Sorry about that if I did

Price and Shipping Time 8/10
I paid $749 with free shipping, it came in a couple of weeks from where they were from to Perth however I had to pick it up from the depot myself as they don't deliver to your door.

Setting up 7/10
It was relatively easy to set up and the procedure was pretty much the same as it is on all china pit bikes. The only thing was that I squeezed the brake lever without the front wheel on and they locked together but getting them out was only semi difficult.When I first started it up it took a few kicks to get going but when it started the idle was very low so it had to be turned up around 1/3 of a turn. It is very quiet and is about as loud as a 50cc scooter mostly. Don't forget to get rid of the shipping oil!

After set up 8.5/10
Once you get it set up properly it starts first kick every time. You should change the oil after a couple of hours when it is new but I had forgot to buy more oil and it got up to about 7 before I got it done. The only problem that i found was that when you left it for a while with the fuel tap off it would leak a massive puddle on the floor of my garage. When I took the tap apart this morning I discovered that the bold that connects the fuel tap to the tank had an O ring that was partially eaten away and there was a gap that was allowing the fuel to gush out. Removing the ring solved the problem. This was the only problem that I encountered so far.

Overall I would give it 8/10 as it is a very nice bike for the money and far superior to the ebay special that I was going to buy. I haven't ridden it hard that much as I am still learning but it will probably hit 50-55 on a good day. I did expect problems but I have had very few which is excellent. I would recommend this bike a lot.

Thanks for reading my review.
If you have any questions please ask and i will try my best to answer them. Sorry if I have missed anything but this is my first review and bike. :D

nice review mate +reps.
Its good to dee someone out learning and having a good time :) How is the stock suspension?

Thanks for that. I haven't taken it on any jumps yet or even any rough stuff. Just smooth dirt so I think that it is quite alright for what I want it for although I have noticed that it is a bit stiff but not too uncomfortable. The front forks are fine as well for now. Might change the fork oil when I think it is becoming a problem. What should I use?

well for fork oil, you should put in the right wieght oil in comparison with your actual weight. how much do you wiegh?

well then some 7-10 weight oil should do you just fine. but the less oil you put in, the softer your forks will be, and the more oil you put in, the stiffer they'll be.

should be fine mate, but you'd be better off buying from DHZ or ebay , you'd save a bit of cash, and is usually better or equivalent quality :)

alrighty then. eBay is even more expensive than supercheap so I will have a look at DHZ now. Any amount of cash that I can keep in my pocket is good

exactly! during my build, i have only just realised how quickly money slips away, without you even noticing it. so now im super conservative in my spendings lol ;)

I used the Castrol fork oil from Supercheap, but the 15w (case I'm a lot heavier then you) to rebuild the forks on my apollo 125. Couldn't be happier with the results. I couldn't see you saving anything by buying online once you factor in the freight....

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on DHZ so i will probs just go to supercheap to get it. How would I go about changing the oil in the forks though as I am not sure how to.

I want to fit some lights to my bike as well for a bit of night riding and the lolz of it but I don't have a battery on my bike. Is there a way to do that isn't overly expensive or should I just buy a powerful torch for the front so I can see? :)

have a look at the loom coming from the stator.
there could be a couple of spare wires there for lighting/battery, a yellow and a white, or 2x yellows.
if so all you'll need is a regulator/rectifer, a capacitor, a headlight, and a switch to get it all working
i will post up a link for all the parts in a bit

Latest posts

Back