pitsterpro 150 airbox

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauvelol

Reaction score
When putting the uni filter on the carburetor am I allowed to remove the entire air hose and box under the seat? I'm assuming so but I'm just double checking. Don't want to cause any issues that I might have to rectify later :duhman:
I also read somewhere on here that if the carburetor leaks fuel out of the overflow hoses a tap on the fuel bowl with a screw driver, float freeing up or needle clean should fix it yeah?

I want to put the filter on but I have no oil at the moment :ballchain:

Yeah the foam Uni filter can replace the airbox/snorkel

And yeah, the float/needle and seat might just be stuck
If it doesn't fix it you'll need to remove the fuel bowl and take the float off, and remove the needle and seat then clean it out and reassemble the carby

Wont run to well without filter oil, will be very lean

Alright, I took it apart with a friend and we had a look at it, how it operated then put it back together to get an understanding how it worked internally etc.
Hopefully I put the bowl back onto the carb correctly. Well.. I think it wouldn't have re-connected otherwise, but I could be wrong.
The issue I had when kicking it over was it wouldn't turn over on first kick or it'd start after a few tries then struggle to start/stay alive for a few seconds then turn off, accompanied by occasionally it will leak fuel from the overflow hoses. My inner self is telling me perhaps its flooded, Maybe a spark issue?

Wouldn't turn over first go ?

I think you might be trying to start it wrong

Push down on the kick start lever till it start's to get hard, then leave a bit of pressure on the lever and it will slowly go down a little more.
You'll feel the lever drop a bit as it passes tdc, take your foot off the kick start
Then let the kick lever come back up and kick it over from there

Is it a secondhand bike that you've just bought ?
Might have a blocked pilot jet or pilot circuit could be blocked?

Yeah I've been starting it like that. Yeah it is.
Yeah when i pick up some cleaning oils or whatever ill take it apart and give it a good once over.
cheers :)

Oh, Another quick question. What style/model front guard and number plate does the LXR 150 take? as far as I'm aware the rest of the plastics are a ttr110 style.
been looking at Yamaha TTR110 not TTR125 Plastics Stickers Kit 140 150 CC Dirt Bike Atomik DHZ | eBay
I don't want to buy the plastics with the graphics already on, have them arrive and then not bolt, then have wait longer for another kit. is it best to just buy a graphics kit and stick them over the miss-matched guard and plate? or will the front guard and plate fit on the bike nicely? :confused-smiley-014

cheers

Latest posts

Back