Pitsterpro lxr with 155z or daytona 150cc engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockstar energy

Reaction score
Which engine would be better to get in a lxr? would the daytona be a much more reliable engine and will it last longer? would it have more power? and does anyone know how much more it would cost to get the daytona 150cc option on the lxr?
Cheers

well it seems there more reliable...
more powerful? i doubt it

email or ring ken from DHZ and he'll answer all your questions

well the daytona seems to be more reliable. on paper they have more power but the cost to mod them is way way more than the 155.

you could get a 155 to achieve more power than a daytona for the price, how ever in say that at vegas this year daytona DOHC motors did win all 4 classes. so if its absolute total HP your after and an edge over the competition with money no object or you have a longer time frame to spend more money on the daytona, then it will no doubt be a superiorly faster motor.

this vid is of a daytona 167cc with a 268 cam holeshotting a YX195 with V2 head.
YouTube - Pit Bike Crash Malvern 5-15-2010

ooh boy...not another z155 versus daytona thread :rolleyes: ....why does the OP does not use the SEARCHBUTTON ??? if he obviously doesn´t have a clue about this sort of bikes??:angry-smiley-010:

BTW...love the new smilies :congrats:

Hi All

Mike Reefman was running a TB Parts V2 Powered Z155 Engine at Vegas and won his class, holeshot the start and led from start to finish, How many Aussies hold a No 1 AMA Champion Plate??? -

imgsrc.php

imgsrc.php

A little more to a holeshot than just power, skill, technique and mental preparation play a major part as well.

Cheers

Jaimie

well the daytona seems to be more reliable. on paper they have more power but the cost to mod them is way way more than the 155.

you could get a 155 to achieve more power than a daytona for the price, how ever in say that at vegas this year daytona DOHC motors did win all 4 classes. so if its absolute total HP your after and an edge over the competition with money no object or you have a longer time frame to spend more money on the daytona, then it will no doubt be a superiorly faster motor.

this vid is of a daytona 167cc with a 268 cam holeshotting a YX195 with V2 head.
YouTube - Pit Bike Crash Malvern 5-15-2010

wat were the 4 classes man... i only followed the classes the Aussies were in..
but yeah like posted above.
reefy (155z) came 1st and boxy (daytona DOHC) run second..

but yeah power really has nothing to do with it, if ya cant use it you'll ride worse.
technique and skill is more important than engine power, racers should be more focused on throttle response and suspension setup

IMO no there not worth it..

there nearly twice as much as a zonger 155 or yx160, and believe it or not but the the yanks proved the yx160 more powerful than the daytona out of the box with same setup..

end of the day man its personal preference and if ya have lots of money then fair enough go for it but if ya after bang for buck dont even consider it..

your gonna get both answers in this thread man, so really the choice is all yours.. im telling you there not and the next guy will tell you they are..

also parts arent as easy to get if you need them.. there around but just takes a bit to locate..mainly cause there not so popular, so i guess people dont stock them.

basically theres no real answer to yr engine... iv dribbled enough on this 1 i think...

man.......... who knows pay the extra 500 and find out .

the z is fine i have thrashed mine for around 6 months now , not 1 problem.........

Shit if it "cracks" buy another one your still up $$$ then if you go the daytona route...

Take your pick as sean said , one would go the daytona , one wouldnt.........

keep the $$ go the z and upgrade somewhere else on the bike....

i think ill save a bit more $ and get the daytona. Pitsterpro said there more reliable.

Lol..... if i was selling rotten eggs i would say they taste like heaven..

Better to believe the people then the people selling the item..

one decent the other is good please dont compare the 2 they are 2 totally different engines.

Latest posts

Back