PitsterPro XJR SS 50cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentWookiee

Reaction score
Well I am in the market for a 50cc pit bike for my two youngest kids and have been trying to pick up
a TDR from ebay at a reasonable price but for some reason people seem to keep jacking up the prices...
So whilst lurking around this site I noticed the PitsterPro XJR 50cc (see advertising here does work) and I have to say I like what I see, but I just
want some opinions from you guys... Its a little more coin than what I had planned on spending, so is it
worth it? Will I get good after sales service? Too much for a kid to learn to ride on? etc etc

At first I was a little turned off by the drum brake front and rear but we already have an Atomik Motox 70 and the rear disc brake is pretty much
on or off, as in it locks very easily so I was thinking drums f/r wouldnt be a bad idea for kids to learn with.
Besides that I am basicly sold on this bike.... Just need you guys to talk me out of it.
Stick with the Ebay cheapie or buy the PitsterPro?
Thanks...

pitster pro 50cc for sure

you wont be able to kill the engine either the small engines are just about bullet proof

Well thanks for the imput, I think my mind was already made up anyways but its always good to get a second opinion.
I am going to go and take a look at one tomorrow and then make up my mind...
And as far as the MotoX goes, I am very happy with it ... well for the price that is.
I'm sure the kids are going to love this bike... And looking at the pics the frame looks to be more reinforced too so I might have some fun on it too ...
Thanks again

ill let you know in two weeks time when i pick mine up

Thanks crazzy... I hope to have one by next week end as long as the funds are availible and the local dealer has it in stock
But I would be interested in hearing what your thoughts are on the bike when you get it...
Oh and post up few pics too if you're not too busy riding :grinning-smiley-003

I went to take a look at one last week and had a chat with the sales dude and he was steering me towards another bike, so no i havent got one yet... I'm kinda undecided now.
Anyways I am going to take a little more time and research the other other options before i buy.
Always happens just as you make up your mind on something, someone has to show you something else.

Well I'll post up if or when I have one.
So Crazzy did you get yours yet???

Well there were a few reasons... The first is I hope to take the youger kids trail riding once in a while [nothing too wild] so the rear suspension was mentioned... I was also looking at the option of perhaps fitting a 12in wheel to the front, just to help get over the rougher terain. The pitster looks like it might be a bit of a close fit, there were a few other things that got me thinking as well...
I have a Atomik 70cc and was thinking about fitting a 110cc some time in the future and what he was suggesting was the PitPro 110.
So I got to thinking if I bought that and just swapped the motors over [when I have the time and patience] we'll all be happy.
I still love the Pitster 50 and have checked out the Atomik 50 and there is no comparision, but with the other option put to me ... Just got me thinking.
So at this point I am undecided... And with 4 kids the coin purse is a little light so I want to try and build up a couple of bikes that the whole family can ride and keep myself busy on the week ends without having to get a second morgage.
So I am just holding out and thinking things over, work out the best option etc.

Anyway the guy I chatted to was very helpfull and just threw out out a few options for me to consider...

Nah not at all.... as a matter of fact he was happy to sell me one but it came down to what I want and what is more practical for what I need. As I said he was quite helpfull, its just going to come down to what i decide on.
So just to make it clear no one is telling me not to buy the Pitster... Just giving advise.

Yes i got mine, for a 50kilo person the suspension is way to light as is it has no major problems carting a heavier person around but when you start going over a rougher terain you sometimes may feel it bottom out. i do however have bogging issues poor jetting would be the cause, also the brakes in my opinion are not as great as i was hopping them to be this being my main concern as my girlfriend is new to bikes and needs to realie on them to work... but otherwise the bike seems fairly ok but i maybe concidering selling it once she progresses and look at something a little taller.

Hey Crazzy,
Thanks for the feed back. So you think it would be best to go for a bike with hydraulic brakes?
I think I might just settle for the pitpro 110 and see how that works out... I'm also keen on the DHZ Mini 110 but its just a little too tall for what I am looking for.
I hope the g/f is having a ball on that thing, it looks like a great little bike to learn and build confidence on.
Thanks again...

yea, the ideal sort of bike would be a dhz mini 110 but that bike didnt have electric start... soo the xjr was the next best thing!

Well in case any one is interested i picked up a pitpro 110, had to swap out the seat to make it a bit lower but the fit is just about perfect now...Though my 9 year old wont be able to ride it for a little while till I install a throttle limiter. That 110 has a bit of kick to it.
The Pisterpro 50 would have been perfect for the kids but I am trying to kill 3 birds with one stone and keep within a budget and I still have to get myself a bike also (hmmm LXR155R is looking good).

When I have the time I will swap over the motors so the little bike will be 70cc with electric start etc and my older kids can ride the bigger bike with the 110... But that wont be for a month or two yet.

Oh and crazzy the disc bakes are not too bad on the pitpro, they seem to pull up quite well without locking up. The problem I have with the atomik is the rears are a little too grabby which is not good for a learner and thats the reason why I thought the drum brakes might be a better choice.
Thats not to say there arent other problems, but I am sure they will be sorted out.
Kinda thinking now I should have maybe bought the DHZ mini 110 and worked on getting it a bit lower but anyways the kids love their new bike.

Latest posts

Back