Pitty Compression Problems - How do I fix?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elliotcocofishing

Reaction score
I have a DHZ150 shit bike, oops, I mean PIT bike :D and I have had some problems with compression, There is none. How can I fix this problem. THE SPARKPLUG IS IN TIGHT BTW.

Cheers :)

Your valves need adjusting. You could have an air leak somewhere (unlikely, you would have noticed oil leaking probably). Or worst case scenario, you ran out of oil, worn the rings, and you have no compression.

lol this reminds me. I washed my bike once while having a few sunday arvo beers and went to start it to dry it off a bit (and also just to here my bike) And there was no compression.

I shat myself and thought id gotten water in somewhere i shouldnt have. After checking everything and getting really pissed off i wheeled my bike back in the garage wondering what to do and noticed the rag was still stuffed in my exhaust pipe lol.

Guess what? When i took the rag out it fired up no problems at all haha.

Yep ..... valve clearance (lack of) which causes compression loss similar to a big hole being drilled into the head or piston crown ...... :p

If you get enough water into a bore it will cause hydraulic lock on the compression stroke ...... I've seen top fuel drag cars blow the side out of the block and head , bend conrods etc on attempting to start them due to excessive fuel being pumped in ..... It's known as "hydraulicing" the cylinder ..... :eek:

Incidentally , ANYONE who owns a YX 150/160 engined bike should check their oil slinger out to make sure this hasn't happened to it ...... and while you're at it , check that the clutch and slinger nuts are properly torqued and loctited .......

Question for the YX Experts - Planet Minis

I own a YX150 (still new) and am debating whether to run it or piss it off ...... it seems that YX and GPX equates to poor quality and problems .....

I have countless pics of busted Jialing cranks and blown up clutches ..... Here's another GPX busted clutch thread .....

broke my clutch. what could be the reason? - Planet Minis

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back