plastic welding?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davespitty

Reaction score
Has anyone had anything plastic welded before? Or done it? Is it expensive? I have a problem with the tap position on the tank its squashing the air filter, can the tap be moved? View attachment 8991

what sort of fitting does it have into the tank?
screw in, screw on, 2 screws on a plate ?

the tanks generally have a thicker section where the taps fit to.

The tank has a piece of steel thread hanging out of it was thinking of maybe finding a way to put in a elbow some how tried to ask my local pit bike shop mechanic and he didn't have a answer so that was a big help and I have spent heaps of money there and no help

ok, i haven't seen that style before.
is it 1/8 npt ?
if so, it is one of the smaller threads used with airlines, spray painting etc.
most auto parts places will have a 1/8npt male, 1/8npt female 90 degree elbow in stock
otherwise try a tool shop, they keep a heap of different sized airline fittings too.

Ill measure it tomorrow and hopefully get this sorted just got to wait for a new tank and play with the one I have now so ill know how to do it on the new one

Another option is to get yourself an angled air filter like this
http://www.dhz.com.au/buy/unifilter-28mm-angle/AI-04.28
AI-04.28.jpg

Think that should stop it from sitting on the fuel tap.

That's what I've got hahaha I know there is a rubber adapter that goes off on a 90° angle

Nah I've turned straight down, I have to unbolt the tank and lift it to put the filter on, the tap sits in the middle of the carby air intake about half inch away from the carby so it pushes into the middle of the filter was thinking of raising the tank but it will throw out the seat and the plastics, I already had to hit the tank with a heat gun to make the carby fit

Billythunder has a China quad and its got one on it but I don't know if ya can buy em anywhere I should be able to source one locally hopefully

Latest posts

Back