Plastics and oil 2 quick questions

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analogue

Reaction score
Hey just two quick questions as I had a search and couldn't find the info I need. Keep it short and simple

Ok bike is a pitpro 140xr

1. How much oil does the motor take? I know this has probably been answered before but I couldn’t find it. And the user manual is useless.

2. Should I keep the front side panels on the bike or is it ok to keep them off? The only problem I can see is if the tyres flick dirt/other up it will fly up onto me whilst turning. (front side panels= outer plastic between seat and handle bars)

Cheers guys. Hope to see you out there. Maybe run into the famous hillz in Mundaring sometime.

Apparently some bikes take different amount of oils, just fill it up until it reaches the marking of the dip stick.

I would leave the plastics on look much better and will protect your face from rocks.

yeah why take them off. bike looks neat and tidy plus like agessive1 said rocks will hit your frame and scratch the paint.

yeah i dont know why you would take the side plastics off.
just fill it till it reaches the marking on the dip stick

I lost a bolt for the plastics but that wasnt the reason (I have found it again though). I just prefered the look of them off. I figured if I have them on or not rocks will still hit the motor and I would be wearing a helmet so rocks dont really phase me.

One of my friends had a sad and gave me a bullshit lecture about how they are suppost to help push cold air in to cool everything down.

Anywho I like my bike like I like my strippers... Bare

Can I get a ruff guide as to how much oil to put in? say start with half litre or litre????

But cheers. cant wait to see everyone out there.

mate um on my yamaha its air cooled and the plastics are designed to force air on to the engine to cool it and thats just like pit bikes really

lol pitbike plastics do nothing
i reckon naked bikes look aggressive

Thanks very muchly...

I will be breaking her in tomorrow (hopefully).

When I get to borrow a camera I will take pics. Even though its just a black pitpro 140XR missing plastics and has no stickers haha. I think she looks good.

WHAT THE HELL, Are you really talking about if plastics cool a bike, ha ha ha ha, this has got to be a joke surely, how the hell would the shrouds push air down to the engine, get off the drugs and do some more riding

the plastics on non-chinese bikes push air onto the motor or onto the radiators. they collect air so i wouldnt talk. u dont have a clue about big bikes. thats why guards on big bikes flare out u smartass. to collect air and force it onto the radiators or the engine.

lol pitbike plastics do nothing
i reckon naked bikes look aggressive

Agressive like me lol.

Yeah its true what your mate say about air getting forced to cool it down better. Well if these bikes had a radiator then its necessary to keep them on. but if you really want take them of then.

I know i would be leaving them on my bikes and my yamaha which is water cooled or radiator whatever you call it.

WHAT THE HELL, Are you really talking about if plastics cool a bike, ha ha ha ha, this has got to be a joke surely, how the hell would the shrouds push air down to the engine, get off the drugs and do some more riding

Just so i can wreck you in everyway, i will show you a picture of my bike with its front radiator and how the side plastics push air into it. Now a bigger object gets caught up in more air then a smaller object which is why we have sports cars as they are smaller and dont catch much wind.

Sports cars have a wide range of performance parts such as after market intercoolers and when they are modified to that they say its necessary to get a new front guard with better air flow so the air can hit strait onto the intercooler, more cooler it runs the better it performs.

IMGP3103.jpg

The side guards are necessay for 2 stroke motorbikes as they are water cooled. Now all of our minis are just air cooled/ slash oil cooled. The side petrol tank guards will help cool down the engine, may not be noticeable to you but the engine will thank you for it. Even though the oil cooler sits much lower still air is forced onto it from the side petrol tank guards.

Now XD351.... I think you need to get of the drugs or what ever cr$p your on and learn about cooling dynamics and flow and maybe learn more about engines while your of the drugs.

Thanks
Dean

Last edited:
im with kaos on this one, personally unless you mount your oil cooler in the side guards they do bugger all, think about how the front fender is straight in front of most coolers if you were really worried about it you would either move the cooler, or cut the rear of the front fender down but this would cause an increase in mud buildup which then smothers the engine not allowing it to cool itself.
so either way you running at a loss unless you move the cooler into the side guards like a big bike does.

Latest posts

Back